AMAZON KDP - EDITING BOOK DETAILS AND HTML TAGS

JBWELL

Writer for Software Neurology Books
Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Am just working on my book details in KDP and trying to graft in some HTML tags to format it better.

Amazon tags guide here for ref.

I have used the guide to put in a couple of basic tags, but have a couple of queries which great if anyone can help with:

- Is it possible to add tags into the title (ie not just description)? Don't think so, but...

- When I add a 'heading' tag it seems to add an unwanted line break afterwards. How can I prevent this from happening?

- When I look at my book in the Amazon app the formatting of the 'description' gets nasty lost unless I click on the arrow to open the full description in a new window. Is there anything I can do about this so it formats better in initial view?

- Is it possible to add a tag that specifies where the 'read more' click option appears? ie I want to specify what appears above the 'read more' line

For ref, link to the book description I am working on here.

I have also raised these queries on KDP community, so will share any answers I get on here.

Regards,

James BWELL

https://twitter.com/JamesBWELL

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
I don't usually need html in book descriptions, but as a general comment, I don't see paragraph tags when I view the source. I'm only seeing linebreaks. The Amazon guide says they support paragraph tags, so that would be my first try for dealing with the random linebreak after the header tag. It may be reacting that way because the text after it wasn't in a paragraph tag.

JBWELL

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for taking a look, appreciated. Have used the <font size> tag and that seems to remove the random line break. <para> I tried but that gives an indent which did not want to use in this case. Have sent you a twitter follow, hope yalls aint mind. James

indianroads

Wherever I go, there I am.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
indianroads.net
A while back I noticed that the html formatting tags worked differently in the kindle vs paperback pages. I got it fixed via tech support.

JBWELL

Registered
Reaction score
Hi indianroads - sorry for late reply, but thanks for the tip on reaching out to Amazon tech support. I'll try that for sure.

PS - I checked out your site. Looks good, but some of the formatting was coming up misaligned (using Microsoft Edge browser). Can send you a screenshot if useful.

Regards,

James BWELL