The latest "Presidential" lie...

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
This is so far removed from reality that I don't even know what to say. 'Bald-faced lie' just doesn't cover it any more.

The latest from the Tweeter in chief:

"3000 people did not die in the two hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. When I left the Island, AFTER the storm had hit, they had anywhere from 6 to 18 deaths. As time went by it did not go up by much. Then, a long time later, they started to report really large numbers, like 3000..."

and...

".....This was done by the Democrats in order to make me look as bad as possible when I was successfully raising Billions of Dollars to help rebuild Puerto Rico. If a person died for any reason, like old age, just add them onto the list. Bad politics. I love Puerto Rico!"

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
And the Overton Window shifts once again.

Gross. And check back in a few weeks on what percentage of Republicans believe the PR death numbers are inflated.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
What sort of country lets its people die from apathy?

-cb

Apparently, the one I'm currently living in. (Not that this is new... see also: continued lack of real universal health care reform, and continued erosion of the closest thing we managed.)

Nauseating, and expected. It does nicely dovetail with the ongoing message that brown people aren't real people, let alone real Americans.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He also claimed he "helped a little bit" cleaning up the rubble from the Twin Towers.

From Trump Twitter:
“Everyone who helped clear the rubble — and I was there, and I watched, and I helped a little bit — but I want to tell you: Those people were amazing,” Trump said. “Clearing the rubble. Trying to find additional lives. You didn’t know what was going to come down on all of us — and they handled it.”

Sick sick sick.

gem1122

We can pickle that
Registered
Reaction score
The general number has been corroborated by multiple reports and first hand accounts. There is nothing to dispute. It seems that some argue the definition of a casualty. If a man has a heart attack while clearing debris two months after the storm, is that counted as a casualty? It’s my understanding that it is, and that the definition is the same in every natural disaster. The truth is that FEMA was spread thin after Irma and Harvey, but instead of making excuses or passing blame, a president ought to be humble and consoling.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
He also claimed he "helped a little bit" cleaning up the rubble from the Twin Towers.

From Trump Twitter:

Sick sick sick.

He... he said WHAT? I thought he was watching imaginary people celebrating in Jersey on his teevee.

Just in case anyone is unclear on this -- hewas not there. He did not clear any rubble.

Also, "clearing the rubble" went on for months, though he seems to be pretending he rushed down with first responders to dig for survivors, which.. no, no he did not.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Snopes: Was Donald Trump at Ground Zero Searching for Survivors Two Days After 9/11 with Workers He Paid For?

Fark: Apparently it was in one of his rally speeches you can hear here.

WAPo has better articles but they are behind paywalls unless I go incognito.
Search domain www.fark.comhttps://www.fark.com/comments/10159746/Donald-Trump-claims-he-...
Donald Trump: I 'helped a little bit' with clearing rubble at ...
"Everyone who helped clear the rubble -- and I was there, and I watched, and I helped a little bit -- but I want to tell you: Those people were amazing," Trump said. "Clearing the rubble. Trying ...
Search domain www.washingtonpost.comhttps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/04/19/donald-trump-i...
Trump's long history of lying about 9/11 and exploiting it ...
While Trump did visit the site a couple of days after the attack and did some interviews, there is no evidence that he got down to help clear rubble, which people would certainly have remembered.
Search domain www.washingtonpost.comhttps://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-lin

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
He... he said WHAT? I thought he was watching imaginary people celebrating in Jersey on his teevee.

Just in case anyone is unclear on this -- hewas not there. He did not clear any rubble.

Also, "clearing the rubble" went on for months, though he seems to be pretending he rushed down with first responders to dig for survivors, which.. no, no he did not.

"I helped by keeping out of the way. Imagine the mess if I'd showed up and tried to manage everything!"

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Bone Spurs is a legendary germophobe. He famously doesn't even like to shake hands. Not to mention that he is physically lazy, and proud of it. The concept of him actually "clearing rubble" is hysterical. SNL needs a skit about him doing this.

caw

gem1122

We can pickle that
Registered
Reaction score
I found Rick Scott's twitter response to Trump interesting. The skeptic in me questioned if this is political expedience.

https://twitter.com/ScottforFlorida/status/1040265322270474242

The latest Twitter response: "Thank you. You are still absolutely horrible and I can’t wait for you to lose in November but thank you."

I scrolled through several more responses, and they're all terribly negative. Makes me wonder if having a Twitter account is a good idea for some of these politicians!

I'm a FL resident who thinks RS has done a horrible job. He's a
pandering opportunist. His latest TV ad rails against "career politicians," though he's been Governor for eight years and now wants to be a senator. Sounds like a career to me. That said, I'm glad he's disagreed with Trump on this. He supported Trump for president but has also publicly rebuked some of Trump's other behaviors.

I'd been wondering this week if Trump's supporters were getting tired of his constant whining and me-me-me focus. Surely, some of them are getting fed up or at least bored. Then I saw a clip from Bill Maher's show that discussed this. The takeaway was that there will always be 30% of the populous who are rabid followers and think the guy is the greatest American hero ever (despite being a draft-dodger, philanderer, crook, and bully), but that the ones who 'held their noses' while voting for him two years ago are ready to cast him aside now that they got their tax cuts and SC appointees.

shadowsminder

writing in the shadows
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowsinmind.carrd.co
That creature allowed to live in the White House appears to speak truths by accident, he lies so often, but that statement wasn't a lie in my mind. It was an obvious attack.

Correction to a statement above. The death toll of about 3,000 isn't the number of casualties. Survivors who were injured or made ill by Hurricane Maria would be included in a casualty count, which would be closer to a million Puerto Ricans.

Last edited:

Jolly-Boo

Please, call me Boo
Registered
Reaction score
Over the course of his campaign and presidency, there've been a lot of times when I think a lot of us have said: now he's really crossed a line. We would then create a new line, and he would gleefully cross it also.

Now I think there's just a series of branches. One is for denying the holocaust, another is the Mexicans being responsible for 9/11, and another is denying a death toll. Oh, look at that, BINGO! Who had denying an official death toll figure?

On most political talk shows you'll often hear that you should talk with your opponents and whoever is across the isle. And that's true, that's sound lovely and all, but how are you supposed to work with an imbecile like this? How is a good democrat supposed to work to a republican when their definition of what is moral is so far apart.

Bleh.