New (Again)

The Farmer

Registered
Reaction score
I used to be a member - never quit being a member, just got lost for a couple years. I wrote two Middle Grade fiction books while I was active (2016). I published on KDP and CreateSpace. They did well. Got great reviews but didn't sell a whole lot. (Maybe one book a month).

A year went by where I didn't complete anything. Have a third Middle Grade outlined and a few chapters written, but it just wasn't pulling me in. I stopped working on that for a few months before I got an idea for a Post Apocalyptic.

I've never read that genre... but I wanted to write this story. So I spent January and February of this year reading some Post Apocalyptic. I still wanted to write my story - even though my story wasn't like the books I read.

I started it in March and published June 30th. The success surprised me. People seem to like the different twist. Book Two went live last week - and they like that too. I'm working on Book Three now. I hope to have it out around Christmas.

I was going through some things this morning and I saw a reference to the Water Cooler. I thought to myself, "I haven't been there in ages. That was a great forum."

So here I am... New - again. I can't wait to catch up with people I haven't seen in a couple years... and meet new people.

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Best of luck on your book series, and welcome back to AW!

The Farmer

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Denevius. The thing I was looking for when I found the Water Cooler again this morning was "how to do a book signing". I've got one coming up in a little over a week so I'm going to do a search here and see what other people have done. I have no idea what I'm getting in to.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back to the forum, best of luck with book three