Introducing Myself

call-of-the-mind

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

My name is Fiora and I'm a (hopeful) fantasy writer. I'm here to try and better my writing by helping critique the writing of others and potentially finding some sort of Beta partnership. I LOVE to read and write, my favourite genres being supernatural romance, fantasy, sci-fi, and dystopian fiction. I'm really excited to be on here and just meet new people. A fun fact about me (maybe - who knows, I might not be the only one) is that I get almost all my ideas from dreams. I have crazy vivid dreams, that tend to make less sense but something good always seems to come from them.

So anyways, hello and nice to meet you all :)

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Fiora! No way, I also get some of my best ideas from vivid dreams. I thought I was alone in this. I have to go to bed early though for that to happen, and right now it's 3:34am where I live and I'm still up, so I guess I won't be dreaming tonight. :cry:(As Seinfeld says- morning guy hates night guy.)
Anyway best of luck with your writing journey!

bleacher1099

Dystopian, it's what's for dinner.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
yupireadthat.com
Having vivd dreams means you're very imaginative and creative! Welcome and I hope to hear some of imagery in writing form soon!

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:
Best of luck, dream on :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

ladymal

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a bit jealous that you remember your dreams and are able to put them in your writing :) That sounds pretty incredible to me.
Nice to meet you anyway. I don't read fantasy much, but Robert Jordan and his 'Wheel of time' series is just great piece of art.
Cheers, Malwina

Last edited:

Cernex

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there Fiona! It depends, really, if I'm able to remember my dreams or not... and if they involve explosions or not, mind you.

Also, nice to meet you! Dream on!

Cascada

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Fiora! I already had the pleasure of your wonderful feedback in the SYW section.

Great to see you here, and I hope you find this forum an uplifting place.

NathanLyle

Registered
Reaction score
You're definitely not the only one. Many of my stories started as a strange dream. I used to keep a dream journal. Every morning I'd wake up and just jot down everything I remembered about that night. For some reason I've been dreaming less as I get older so I don't bother ith the journal anymore.

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

My name is Fiora and I'm a (hopeful) fantasy writer. I'm here to try and better my writing by helping critique the writing of others and potentially finding some sort of Beta partnership. I LOVE to read and write, my favourite genres being supernatural romance, fantasy, sci-fi, and dystopian fiction. I'm really excited to be on here and just meet new people. A fun fact about me (maybe - who knows, I might not be the only one) is that I get almost all my ideas from dreams. I have crazy vivid dreams, that tend to make less sense but something good always seems to come from them.

So anyways, hello and nice to meet you all :)

Hi Fiora, welcome! I've never mined my dreams for ideas, although maybe I should start. When I was in art school and stuck on a project, I used to keep a pad and pencil on my pillow, and when I was in that halfway state between sleep and wakefulness, sometimes a fresh vision would emerge from the depths. If I could rouse just enough to scribble a reminder on the pad, I would recall it the next day. Otherwise, it was gone for good.