Getting interviews

efreysson

Closer than ever
Registered
Reaction score
So... as I've mentioned before I now have a slim chance of finally getting published traditionally. A guy in Romania with some experience and contacts in the country's publishing scene is trying to help me out, as well as giving me some advice.

He was intrigued when I mentioned that I am autistic, and have a side-job giving lectures on my experiences and recently published a booklet for parents and teachers of autistic children. He said I have a story to tell; something unique that makes me stand out, and he encouraged me to capitalise on it by, say, getting interviewed. And therefore noticed.

I'm trying to recover from my latest bout of simply giving up on marketing. Is there something to this bit of advice, would you say? Is there a journalist or a fantasy/sci-fi website or a noted blogger I could try contacting? I've long since learned that noted bloggers don't take much notice of unknown indies.

Harlequin

Eat books, not brains!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sunyidean.com
I would try contacting autistic book bloggers. There is a community of such on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/brookewinters33 Try contacting this lady adn see if she can put you in touch with anyone else, perhaps (her genre is more romance but she might know a few people.)

It's something I will probably try and do if/when I have a trade book out.