Two #PitMad Requests... from the same agency

Katrina S. Forest

Registered
Reaction score
Website
katrinasforest.com
So I'm finding myself in a pleasant dilemma. Two agents at one of my dream agencies both liked my pitch on #PitMad yesterday. One is the head agent at said agency. The other is a junior agent. (The former liked my pitch a few hours before the latter.) So, my question is... who do I sub to? And should I contact the other agent? I don't want to look like I'm ignoring a request, especially one I was so happy to get.

Thoughts?

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
So, you send your query with the #PitMad Request header to the senior agent, and you mention at the beginning that <Agent Z> also requested these materials and you are submitting your query/etc in the order of the requests you received. You send a brief tweet to <Agent Z> to say the same thing.

I had that happen with a couple of editors at the same publisher once and just told the one who had made the first request that "So-and-So also asked to look at this MS so if you find you aren't interested would you please pass it along to them." Which they did. (Was still a rejection in the end, haha.)

At least, that's what I would do. Agents talk to each other about submissions all the time anyway so it shouldn't hurt to just be upfront about the fact that they both made a request for the same project.