I'm Paul Skertich

PSkertich81

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Hey, awesome people of the Water Cooler. This water tastes refreshingly crisp almost like Fuji water. :) I'm Paul C Skertich. I've self-published 1 novel and 1 novella. I'm transitioning to traditional publishing because I want my novels to be read wide and broad across Earth and possibly other alien worlds. :) I'm into writing horror mainly, but I will challenge myself to write science fiction and other genres. My newest manuscript which I had submitted to literacy agents is a Sci-fi horror. I'm in my mid-thirties, worked various of retail jobs. I tried to run my own company where I would build paranormal equipment. Unfortunately, the paranormal community is in a hot mess right now. A lot of bickering and sizing each other's paranormal evidence as if they're like cats fights over a one bowl. So, I had to dissolute my company since it wasn't very useful to the people in the paranormal community. One loyal customer was about it, and the company needed more loyal customers. What got me started back into writing? The House on Elm was therapeutic, and it had plenty of awful of grammar errors and punctuation. However, those negative reviews did help me at least try to become better at my weakness as a writer. I don't want to blab on too much, but I thank you for reading my introduction. :)

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Paul. Great to meet you, and welcome to AW. I wish you the best of luck with your search for an agent, and who knows, perhaps your manuscript will make it into the next Voyager time capsule, and you'll get your wish after all. :D
You built Paranormal equipment? That's fascinating. Did you ever join the community on an outing? Anything interesting happen?

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya, Paul. I see your location is set to Hades. It's about the same level of heat as here, lately, I bet.

Welcome to you!

Maryn, steaming like a dumpling

PSkertich81

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Hey Paul. Great to meet you, and welcome to AW. I wish you the best of luck with your search for an agent, and who knows, perhaps your manuscript will make it into the next Voyager time capsule, and you'll get your wish after all. :D
You built Paranormal equipment? That's fascinating. Did you ever join the community on an outing? Anything interesting happen?

When i was in Illinois, I joined a paranormal team. There were startling EVP responses that made my skin crawl. We were at a old abandoned mental asylum's furnace room, and we heard a loud female shrilling scream. I think it was at that moment of time where I crapped my pants. My skin jumped off my body and ran away somewhere. :)

PSkertich81

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
The summer heat is relentless. I'm more excited for Winter, and I normally hate Winter. Autumn is suppose to creep in slowly, but the golden leaves still remain somewhat green and livery. Crossing my fingers, colder weather comes closer. :)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We'll talk weather again come February, shall we?

Maryn, who lives where winters can be bad

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Greetings, Paul Skertick!

Good luck on breaking into traditional publishing, and welcome to AW!

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
When i was in Illinois, I joined a paranormal team. There were startling EVP responses that made my skin crawl. We were at a old abandoned mental asylum's furnace room, and we heard a loud female shrilling scream. I think it was at that moment of time where I crapped my pants. My skin jumped off my body and ran away somewhere. :)

I would have been out of there so quickly. ;) :scared:

My uncle maintained electrical equipment for an old hospital in Joburg that they shut down at one stage. He had to keep running the machinery so that they wouldn't degrade. Anyway, he was telling us that the guards were terrified of going into that place. They apparently saw some crazy stuff there. I always wanted to check it out. but then again, not really.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Salutations, best of luck

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

PSkertich81

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Today's weather was odd. I was smoking on the porch, and a mixture of cool and warm breeze came by. I was excited but only to be teased by Mother Nature. :) In Connecticut, the summer was crazy. So, our winter should even be worse. I don't know. Would anyone would like to build a snow man? ha ha

- - - Updated - - -

*Waves back* It's nice virtually meeting everyone here. You all seem to be awesome people. :)

PSkertich81

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Aye Aye, Captain! :) Thanks for the warm welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Salutations, best of luck

Thanks, Zan! :)

PSkertich81

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
I would have been out of there so quickly. ;) :scared:

My uncle maintained electrical equipment for an old hospital in Joburg that they shut down at one stage. He had to keep running the machinery so that they wouldn't degrade. Anyway, he was telling us that the guards were terrified of going into that place. They apparently saw some crazy stuff there. I always wanted to check it out. but then again, not really.

Have you heard about Manteno State Hospital in Illinois? It's an fantastic place! Bachelors Grove Cemetery is beautiful, but they had changed a lot of the landscape.

PSkertich81

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
If you ever visit Bachelors Grove Cemetery in Midlothian, IL, make sure you visit during the day time. Night time it's heavily guarded by two patrol cars due to vandalism. The mental asylum --- you could sneak in --- but at times you'll run into an officer. We ran into one, but we were at my friends car ready to leave anyways.

Hayley Lane

Registered
Reaction score
Hi and welcome! I'm curious, you built paranormal equipment? Like...what? And for what? :tongue

Sorry for being ignorant...

PSkertich81

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Hi and welcome! I'm curious, you built paranormal equipment? Like...what? And for what? :tongue

Sorry for being ignorant...

Its cool beans. One product was to amplify EVPs for voice recorders. It would filter out audio frequencies that would be in a range of an electronic voice phenomena. I forgot what the ranges were. It's been long time. One loyal customer said it worked like a charm. Another product was to do the same thing, but it had a antenna. It needed to be more amplified. But the more money I put into it, it would've cost me. Of course, if it didn't sell well. So, I would've lost profits. Paranormal gear for ghost hunters. The gear you see on those paranormal shows like Ghost Adventures. :)

call-of-the-mind

Registered
Reaction score
Interesting - building paranormal equipment. Intriguing introduction to say the least. Welcome to AW!