A New Member Title

JustinLadobruk

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings.

The instructions for an introduction were in list format. So... here's a list.

- I have created and am creating a science fiction/fantasy crossover universe. More easily stated, science fantasy. It seamlessly blends science and magic, and the two are rather intertwined in many cases - especially with more advanced technologies. Within this universe I have written one short story that would be considered a tragedy, and am working on a mixed-genre novel and series. More short stories will come over time, but everything takes place in the same universe.

- I like to read science fiction and fantasy, such as The Sword of Truth series, Lord of the Rings, A Song of Ice and Fire, Harry Potter, Battlefield: Earth, Starship Troopers, The Damned Trilogy, and others.

- I was a writer when I was younger, but stopped due to abusive relatives disliking my passion. I'm now a husband and father and can't allow that to dictate my life. I am now driven and have created a universe for my stories to take place in.

- I have not beta read before, but would be willing to. I have a beta reader for my works.

- Krav Maga practitioner and instructor, wilderness survivalist, bushcrafter, Game Master, father, husband, fictional character murderer (depictions of death and malevolence tend to be rather vivid in my stories and I'm about as attached to characters as George R. R. Martin).

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Justin. Welcome to AW. Great to hear that you are throwing off those shackles of the past and are following your dream. I wish you all the best.
I thoroughly enjoyed book 2 of the sword of truth. I read it in high school, and need to revisit it soon. Have you ever read Wheel of Time?

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Intriguing list!

Best of luck, and welcome to AW!

OldHat63

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Lost in the woods of TN and prefer it that way
Howdy, Justin.

Sounds like we have at least a couple of things in common... Sci-fi fantasy, and an interest in martial arts.
( Yeah, I've spent about 30 years brewing up a story and creating a world similar to what you've described. Also spent 20+ years studying every martial art I could. )

Welcome to the forums.

Read the stickies 'til your brain feels gooey, and dive right in. The people here are quite helpful and friendly.

O.H.

JustinLadobruk

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Justin. Welcome to AW. Great to hear that you are throwing off those shackles of the past and are following your dream. I wish you all the best.
I thoroughly enjoyed book 2 of the sword of truth. I read it in high school, and need to revisit it soon. Have you ever read Wheel of Time?

Wizards First Rule sets the stage and is a rather good story. I recommend reading it. Interesting way to do a political treatise.

I've read WoT, though it was some time ago. Unfortunately, what sticks out the most from that series was the rather ridiculous portrayal of women... and the desert dwellers that could run barefoot on snow. Not a bad series, but I feel like Robert Jordan was not really well versed in psychology or biology.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

JustinLadobruk

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Thanks. I read relevant FAQs. I don't do challenges, though. :)

call-of-the-mind

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW!

I love the idea of combining magic with fantasy! I hope to see some of your works pop up on the site or on bookshelves.