Filling in the blanks

satyesu

Registered
Reaction score
I'm writing my memoir in the style of a novel. It covers 12+ years, and of course I don't remember all of that time. How do I fill the spaces between memories to create a more continuous narrative?

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm writing my memoir in the style of a novel. It covers 12+ years, and of course I don't remember all of that time. How do I fill the spaces between memories to create a more continuous narrative?

What's it about?

Follow the plot, not a timeline.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Just leave those years blank, or give a brief narrative summary. EX: For the next x years, I forgot all about x. But then...

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

satyesu

Registered
Reaction score
What's it about?

Follow the plot, not a timeline.
Thwe beginning is about my OCD leading up to a suicide attempt, and the rest is about adapting to life with a disability. I'm not sure it's gripping. Should I add more (fictional) plot?

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Thwe beginning is about my OCD leading up to a suicide attempt, and the rest is about adapting to life with a disability. I'm not sure it's gripping. Should I add more (fictional) plot?

You said it's a memoir; why would you add fictional plot? Also I mean what's the overarching plot -- what's it about, like in one sentence.

satyesu

Registered
Reaction score
Because I want it to be interesting. x( It would then be a novel, I guess. :/

"A high school junior suffers from worsening mental issues and, after attempting suicide, struggles to find happiness with his life handicapped."