Twelfth Planet Press Novella Call

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like Twelfth Planet Press is open for novella submissions. Details are here (scroll down a little to see the general call, the holiday one just closed). They opened today and will be open until the end of November so you have a few months to get something finished if you need to.

[NOTE: I don't know a lot about this publisher but they have some decent award wins/nominations, they are offering a small advance and what appear to be decent royalties for eBook publication. However, do your own research. ]

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Verrrrrry interesting...in a quick google search I didn't see any red flags. We don't seem to have a thread on them in Backgrounds and Bewares.

The only thing that has given me pause in the past is that some of their early covers were... a little rough. And they have put things out very slowly. (That's not always a bad sign. It can indicate a micro-press that understands the limitations of their staff and budget.) But an advance-paying, award-winning press is very enticing.

Treehouseman

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All, Twelfth Planet Press is run by a friend of mine. She is a respected small press publisher in Australia, and some of our best SFF authors work with them, especially on little passion projects that are too small or not "commercial" enough for trade publishing, as well as reprints of trade published books.

They'd be my preferred publisher for short story and novella anthologies, actually.