bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
I... just... where did September go?

Wow. I totally lost track of this month.

[X] Finish copying files off hard drive
[X] Format hard drive
[X] Reinstall Windows
[X] Check to make sure computer is booting again
[-] Reinstall all the programs

[X] 3-Day Novel Contest
[ ] Brainstorm for NaNoWriMo project
[1/4] Reconcile YNAB every week
[X] Edit every day: Week 35 (September portion)
[X] Edit every day: Week 36
[X] Edit every day: Week 37
[X] Edit every day: Week 38
[ ] Edit every day: Week 39

Still have some games and such to reinstall, but my desktop is mostly functioning again. Yay!

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Not so good, and after pumping 30k into a WIP I got distracc. Here's to an easy, breezy October of finishing the thing I'm working on so I can get back to working on the thing I'm working on (with turtles all the way down).

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Final update:

[] 2nd round edits on secret project Nope, no time
[x] Try again to nail down idea/plot for antho 966/10k written
[] One freelance article Wanted to...
[] Start dictating again Also wanted to...

​Blah. October's a new month, right?

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Although I usually wait until the final day of the month to close out my personal goals and start the next month's thread, I'll be on the road all day tomorrow and part of Monday, so I'll get the October thread going tonight.

September was just as trying as August. I've hinted at ongoing issues with my publisher, but things came to a head a couple of weeks ago and at my instruction, my agent has requested the reversion of my rights to all four books. Not quite sure what I'm going to do once I have the rights in hand again. Needless to say all the drama associated with this decision has distracted me from writing, and to top it off, my elderly mother is about to be released from rehab after recovering from a fractured pelvis sustained in a fall - hence the upcoming road trip. I'm headed to Tennessee to meet with her doctors and get the house ready for her return, then will have to scoot back home for the start of rehearsals for a concert I'm doing on the 12th.

Given all that, the fact that I got anything done at all this month is a minor miracle. I actually had a plot breakthrough the other day and am eager to get the MS out and start working on it. And I fully expect to be doing a fair amount of reading when I'm not cleaning Mom's house, so all three of my unfinished goals will carry over to next month.

See you all in the October thread!

[x] Publish first edition of my new author newsletter
[ ] Write two blogs
[ ] Read two books
[x] Complete my August giveaway (notify winner, ship out prize)
[x] Set up my September giveaway
[x] Go back through my WIP, organize sections and decide which opener I want to go with
[ ] Write 10k fresh words on WIP

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
:e2thud:I got ambitious and did some of the spring cleaning myself (just finished today). The only things I didn't manage to get done were the two things I wasn't that fussed if they weren't done, so all up, a pretty good month, even though the damn quasi-historical thing just will. not. end. October, I think, will be a less physically active month for me - and more writing, I hope!

[ ] make candied ginger for marmalade
[X] finish first draft of historical fantasy story (74,104 of 60,000) and ready for my CP (clearly my brain isn’t done with it yet *g*)
[X] get the garden ready for summer
[ ] read 1 book
[X] paint front gate (AND the front fence too)
[X] spring cleaning (i.e. organize the boys to do the spring cleaning) (bad boys have not completed their list of spring cleaning chores yet - they've now been given a deadline of the end of next week)
[X] try to get more done on the sweater – progress is happening

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
I did switch over from writing Haven to the new one. I glanced back over at Haven when I was closing the document, and I still like it. It's just not got it's claws into me like the new book has - which in one week I did more words on it than I'd done for Haven. I know the start and the ending and the major points in between (and by this stage lots of the minor points too). This is unusual for me!

Another chapter, totaling five altogether, which I'm happy with. I figure at least it's slightly more than one a week. Lots of transcription, and lots of map assets, which is not writing, but I can't do the writing for the game until I finish the assets.

I... completely forgot about the short story. It wasn't even I couldn't decide what to work on / couldn't be bothered like last month. I just plain forgot I was planning on doing one. I'd remember when I looked at my goals, then forget again straight away.

Finished Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and then moved on to more adult books but didn't finish them. A while back I bought an omnibus edition of Judith Tarr's The Hound and the Falcon trilogy. It was one I loved when I was younger and hadn't read for a very long time. I'm halfway through The Isle of Glass now. It took me a little to adjust to the style, but now I'm just happy to be back in that world again.

1. Read five books. 3/5
2. Continue game planning. Maps bits.
3. Continue transcription. Yes.
4. Edit one short. Oops.
5. Continue Haven. 5k.
5a. Started Ginevra.

6. Edit Marietta. 5 chapters.
7. Min 500 words OR 2 pages edited per day with one 4hr min day per week. Yes.

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
Quick final check-in!

[X] Finish copying files off hard drive
[X] Format hard drive
[X] Reinstall Windows
[X] Check to make sure computer is booting again
[X] Reinstall all the programs

[X] 3-Day Novel Contest
[X] Brainstorm for NaNoWriMo project
[1/4] Reconcile YNAB every week
[X] Edit every day: Week 35 (September portion)
[X] Edit every day: Week 36
[X] Edit every day: Week 37
[X] Edit every day: Week 38
[X] Edit every day: Week 39

arikdiver

Making magic with words
Registered
Reaction score
Look at you all ticking off your goals. Well done everyone.

September whizzed by so fast I didn't even notice it going until it was gone. Here's my final update:

[ ] Complete edit of Act 1 novel - so close, but not quite.
[ ] Two Blog Posts - Managed 1. My blog was having technical issues which i had to sort out, so I couldn't complete this.
[X] Read 2 books
[
X] Start fixing up garden

I'm reasonably happy with where I ended up.

See you all in the Oct thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.