How do I attach visual of my cover?

Umgowa

Registered
Reaction score
I am used to attaching photos and other art to emails and other social media . . .I simply click on "Attach" and I am taken to my digital files and select the item I want to attach. In this forum, the only thing close I could find was the little button above that says "Attach Image." But when I click it, the next box says "Add Image from URL" . . . My book cover is on my computer in many places in my files and on my desktop. . . . but this URL thing has me stumped. What URL are they talking about? Would someone please tell me what to click so I can attach an image of my book cover to my post in this form? I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
First you have to resize it so it's within AW's size limits of 160,000 pixels. (If it were square, that would be 400 x 400.) A typical book cover might be around 512 x 311 pixels, producing an image this size:

PItIUpX.jpg

You upload the resized picture to any site that hosts images, then you can post it using these tags, only with [square brackets]. {img}the URL of the image at its hosting site{/img}

I'm a pretty low-tech user and I can do this, so I'm sure you can, too. If you run into trouble, I'd be happy to try to help.

Maryn, not kidding about her abilities

Umgowa

Registered
Reaction score
Way too technical and hard for me. I'm a creative, right brain kind of person; not technical at all. I'm afraid I'll have to get my feedback somewhere else. Thanks for explaining the process.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Way too technical and hard for me. I'm a creative, right brain kind of person; not technical at all. I'm afraid I'll have to get my feedback somewhere else. Thanks for explaining the process.

You don't upload your image. You link to it. Post it on a Website or Blog or site like Flickr.

FAQ: How to Link To Images Properly

Umgowa

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Veinglory. I've saved your email address and may take you up on your kind offer. I belong to a Facebook group for self-published authors and have posted my cover there . . . Am getting some great feedback.