Carl Hiaasen

Umgowa

Registered
Reaction score
I have no idea where else I should post this question . . . so an informal Office Party seemed like it might be the place. There is a fiction writer I like very much named Carl Hiaasen. He writes crime novels that are very funny. If any of you are familiar with his work, I'd love to know what genre you would pin on him. My second question is this: While I have enjoyed his work in the past, I have not read him in the past 5 years . . . I have heard rumors that he is now writing fiction for children. Have any of you heard this? Is perhaps, some of his work targeted at adults (I'd like to think that's the stuff I have read) and some targeted at children? Any insights you can give me on any of the above would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm only familiar with his novels for adults. They's mysteries, in the comedic tradition of Janet Evanovich and some of Harlan Coben's mysteries. Humor columnist Dave Barry, who worked with Hiaasen at the newspaper, wrote a novel that's very like a typical Hiaasen work, too.