The Australian Spontaneous Politician Combustion thread

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Not politics exactly (though I'm expecting Tones and co to insert themselves at some point), but can I take a moment to celebrate that conviction yesterday that no one's supposed to report or talk about because of the suppression order, but everyone knows about anyway because internet?

*celebrates*

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Kinda wonder on the value of a suppression order in the age of the internet. Because anybody can find out Cate Blanchett's just gone down for possessing chemical weapons with a Google search.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
I hope the internet doesn't jeopardise further judicial stuffs.

Internet and/or the Murdoch rags. The cynical side of me (which tbf is most of me) wonders whether they'll wear a contempt charge just to muddy the waters and set up possible grounds for appeal for their mate.

Kinda wonder on the value of a suppression order in the age of the internet. Because anybody can find out Cate Blanchett's just gone down for possessing chemical weapons with a Google search.

"Chemical Cate"? :tongue

Dan Andrews just announced he's going to review Victoria's suppression laws. I suspect the timing is not coincidental.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
If we're lucky, Broad will be forced out of parliament, maybe triggering an early election.

If not ... hell, I'm headed to NZ for a holiday in Feb, and I'm seriously contemplating ... just ... like ... staying there.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
I just noticed #libspill is trending on Twitter, and I'm too afraid to look. Presumably this is simply people anticipating Dutton attempting another (ill-advised, delusional) coup after his dummy spit in the Murdoch rags yesterday?

- - - Updated - - -

When you're feeling down, just look up-over here and count your blessings. :tongue

Heh. What's happening over there is seriously depressing, no matter where you are in the world (except maybe Russia)

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Didn't ScoMo change the rules to make a Lib spill more difficult? If Dutton didn't have the numbers the first time around, he's not going to clear the hurdle this time,

He's such a fuckwit.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Didn't ScoMo change the rules to make a Lib spill more difficult? If Dutton didn't have the numbers the first time around, he's not going to clear the hurdle this time,

He's such a fuckwit.

Indeed he did. And indeed (the other) he is. He so, so is.

I might have to brave clicking the hashtag to see what the rumbling is about.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
You might need a stiff drink.

ETA: I might have one too. Retired a computer yesterday and its replacement blew up this morning. And we're about to get another cyclone (TC Penny) in early 2019.

Last edited:

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Okay, it seems people are reading into the "Dutton chucks a tanty and is trying to smile in the pictures like a human person, so there must be a spill coming." I gather they've all forgotten about the LNP rule change.

Oh dear, you definitely need a drink or two. Or a dozen. Do you still have the old computer to fall back on temporarily?

Can we read "TC Penny" as "TC Penny Wong" and take it as an omen for the (please please please) coming election wipeout?

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Such a bunch of third rate brains, this current government. I can't wait for the election.

Am on the back up computer now. Hopefully it won't die on me!

I am totally behind the idea of TC Penny Wong.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com