Is this a form letter?

bgtgauthor

Registered
Reaction score
So, I've had 27 rejections for my book (also known as a good start) and this one seems like it might have a slight hint of personalization? It was sent to an agent named Stephan but answered by his assistant/intern. That said, I do think it might not have been a form. Let me know what you guys think....
"Hi Brandon,
Thank you so much for giving us a chance to look at your novel.
I’ve reviewed your submission with Stephen and I’m sorry to report that we just aren’t wholeheartedly connecting with your work, despite its many charms. So, we should step aside. We truly appreciate the look, though, and we wish you nothing but the best of luck.
Sincerely, Andrea"

The only thing that gets me is that they say, Despite its many charms. I mean, not all books are charming, right? You wouldn't call a slasher charming right? I'm looking for any sign of something other than a form rejection so maybe I'm just looking with desperate eyes. Thanks in advance!

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I'm usually one to step up and say when I think it's a slightly personalized form letter, but that wording is vague enough that I suspect it's their standard form.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, that looks like a form to me.

GreenGrape

Registered
Reaction score
It does look like a form, sorry! But don't worry I have had many just like that. Par for the course.

Kats

Registered
Reaction score
Definitely a form - I received the exact same one from the same agent a while back. Sorry!

PSkertich81

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Slashers can have charmingly witty delicious kills, though! :) I saw it on CSI. :D But in all seriousness, you'll get there. Interestingly, it is similar to mine from today. Did they include your title? AW would know more about this than I do.