Howdy from a musician who loves to write.

Isivaa Sanaru

Registered
Reaction score
How's it going, everyone?

My name is Isivaa Sanaru and writing has become one of my many passions; I'd actually say that I enjoy doing almost anything, but mostly it's my guitar(s), fishing, recording (music), badminton, writing, bowling, arguing, science debates, eating, cooking, cleaning, birding, Day Trading, parkour, reading, educating and being educated, gaming (both computer and live RPGs), and a bunch of other stuff in no particular order.

I currently live in Sweden, where I was born. But just moved back from Taiwan, east Asia, where my mom and wife are from (note: they're two different people lol), where I've lived for close to 5 years working as a music teacher and musician. In Taiwan, Taipei, I was introduced to the Taipei Writer's Group, which is a writer's group based in Taipei and you have to be there in person to benefit from their critiques and services. I love that group and realized that I really miss it. Therefore, I co-started a writer's group within my family and began to look online for communities like this one. Since I'm new, I haven't had time to really explore yet, but I'm almost certain that I'll find it most excellent! (I've read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write and think the admin has made a terrific job on setting up the community the way it is!)

Writing-wise, I've written for most of my life, but only on a very beginner level. It's really the last few years that I've started being interested in writing for a more serious purpose (which is not to publish, but still to strive for excellency when I write).

At the moment, I write a strange sort of fantasy novel, which setting is based on a live RPG, hence all the main characters are acted and played by real people, which makes my narrative powers limited and more difficult, too, I find. Most chapters usually end with them screwing up all my plans and I have to improvise, which is fine and why I'm doing this in the first place! But, to give you an idea of what I'm writing, that's it! If anyone can find, or knows, a better/more correct term for this type of writing, I'd be most happy to hear it!

I'm delighted to have found this forum and I hope we will have much (peaceful) interaction within the coming months, and perhaps, years!

To y'all writers,
Isivaa Sanaru

Last edited:

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I would like to visit Taiwan one day. I have a friend who lived there for a year or so.

Best of luck on your writing, Isivaa, and welcome to AW!

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! Do you have time to sleep between all those hobbies? ;) That's really cool. It sounds like you'll have a lot of life experience to bring to your writing, which will always make it richer and more exciting.

Could you perhaps be writing LitRPG? Those are usually books that take place in a game world. The characters level up, and they are playing a type of RPG. GameLit is similar, except it's not as strict, but still has some connection to gaming. If so, those genres have a ravenous audience, and it's only just taking off, so there's a lot of room for growth. Best of luck

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Salutations Isivaa, best of luck

GLZyx

Registered
Reaction score
At the moment, I write a strange sort of fantasy novel, which setting is based on a live RPG, hence all the main characters are acted and played by real people, which makes my narrative powers limited and more difficult, too, I find. Most chapters usually end with them screwing up all my plans and I have to improvise, which is fine and why I'm doing this in the first place! But, to give you an idea of what I'm writing, that's it! If anyone can find, or knows, a better/more correct term for this type of writing, I'd be most happy to hear it!

Is it similar to Dragonlance?

A.graye

Registered
Reaction score
I laughed so hard at the "two different people" thing. Sorry, I have no idea what that would be genre-wise, but I do know that I've seen agents looking for something similar. Maybe you can pitch it as narrative RPG? I have noooo idea, sorry.

At any rate, welcome.

GreenGrape

Registered
Reaction score
Howdy! (I love that word it has been so long since i used it!) Welcome :)