Kids are off to school. NOW can I get to work?

Rob40

Registered
Reaction score
Website
roughdrift.wordpress.com
I don't ever want to be that person who overuses qualifiers, BUT, I'm afraid I may slip into that. In somewhat the same vein as the saying, "Oh, he's not a racist, BUT, ..."

I love my kids. They're a huge part of the creative world and are what brought me back to creative thinking and writing after a few decades in the technical and regulatory reading world. I wouldn't be reading and learning what I am if I didn't need the information for the stories, and I wouldn't be crafting those elements if it werent for playing along with the kids' imagination. I've taught them several things through making up little stories on the spot about coping with fustration. Trying and failing. And I should really tidy those up since I later put them on paper.

They're wonderful, BUT, summertime with some weeks off, camp, varying schedules for them changing all the time plus the family trips so the wife and the rest of us can get away always keep meaningful time away from the pencil, notebook and keyboard. So I'm relieved that's over for a while as of today.

THEY'RE BACK TO SCHOOL!

I have a full-time job that also affords me enough time to get back to regular long-ride exercise on the bike, regular writing and learning time, regularly. Something I'm learning all adults really depend on as we age. (I thnk there's even regularity drink supplements for that...)

I hate to sound like it's about me and what I want to do and they're in the way, BUT, that isn't the case. Hooray for schools and time management! The fires alight once more.

Tomorrow I'll wonder where they went and how did my hair get so grey.

Last edited:

Fingers

My cat Toby
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in the woods around Portland Oregon
You don't know the half of it. My kids now have kids and some of them are old enough to have kids and I AM NOT THAT OLD! I swear it. (63 aint that old is it?) My hair went grey and now its falling out or growing where hair has no dadburn right to grow. Hair on my nose? Hair in and on my ears? Enjoy life while you have it, because ten years is as a day.

Loke1997

Registered
Reaction score
I can't wait to have kids! (Unless I get put off them after I get my PGCE.)

crystalbrincks

Registered
Reaction score
Children are such an important responsibility and a life-changing event, on writingpeak.co.uk I've read that even neuro connections change after having a baby. I feel so anxious about having them. My lifestyle is compeletely defined and good, and I don't feel like child-free. These controversial thoughts don't give me time to chill.

Last edited:

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, back to school. :( Doesn't help when you're the one going back. I just started college though, so I probably will have more time to write...hopefully.