Find that word in your WIP

anaemic_mind

I come with accessories now
Registered
Reaction score
“Finally! We need to talk,” Eddie’s voice snapped. She heard the door close and the metallic tapping of his crutches as he hopped in.

I had way too many mentions of crutch and crutches to choose from. Pesky people and their broken legs!

echo

C.Harmon

Registered
Reaction score
A dull roar echoed through the corridor, followed by a breeze riding along its currents, and in the first empty cells I passed, the reflection of water danced along the ceilings.

ground

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
“Just things. Doesn’t matter.” I looked at the ground, then I looked away, then at the other boys. “I can climb to the top, done it before. I’ll show you.” To heck with all of them, I could get to the top.

equal

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
I've decided to go with the word above the last post to get this game rolling again.

He set it on the ground and pulled out two bundles wrapped in tissue paper.

Jump

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Mom quivered, eyeing my hand. “I’m sorry. I left her in guest room, and she jumped out the window while my back was turned. Whatever happened to the days where kids just played on their phones?”

table

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Rowa laid the sword down on a table in the middle of the tent. “My friends found this Oshian sword and we think it might be cursed.”

plastic

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The eatery was small, with a dozen tables, each surrounded by four chairs of plastic impersonating wood. Moving ads in picture frames dotted the walls in between windows hidden behind translucent chartreuse shades.

disaster

Last edited:

BurntPieCrust

Registered
Reaction score
"disaster? disaster?" Barrott's voice trailed off as he considered her words, shifting his manic expression into an empty dull stare. He lifted his hands to his eyes as if, for a moment, he was considering the horror that he had committed.

scrupulous

Last edited:

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
To get this game back on its feet, I'll go with starrystorm's word: Table

He got smaller and smaller until the table was as tall as a house.

I'll chose an easy word: Brown

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My lungs began to hurt. I stirred the gravel under my hands making a cloud of brown in the clear cold water. Thin tendrils of swirling mud inched up one side of the hollow. I crawled after them grabbing and clutching the slippery rocks.

brother

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
She sighed and paused the cat video on her tablet. “Shade, my brother’s not going to teach you to fight.”

coat

Deadeyemouse

Perpetually Wondering Why
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deadeyemouse.wixsite.com
So, about the closest I have is the word flipped.

I flipped him off, which made him chuckle. I stared down at where I was, pausing to take in how nice the circle turned out. I couldn’t draw to save my life, heck, my stick figures left a lot to be desired, but I’d say this came out looking quite circular indeed.

Tense

anaemic_mind

I come with accessories now
Registered
Reaction score
As they walked into the bar her eyes were drawn to Jerry's distinctive long straight auburn hair. Stooped over the counter, he was talking and laughing with Harry. She felt Nate tense up. She looked up and watched his face change to a deep piercing scowl as he glared at the back of his brother’s head.

doubt

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Our cruiser moved forward again leaving the spectacle behind. We passed a barge-like ship headed toward the scene below, no doubt to collect the kill for processing. A group of ragged men sat or lay on the deck, a few of them moving into positions around a large wench. I always imagined sailors looking muscular and healthy. These men were sunburned and sickly thin.

polish

Going through all the times I used 'doubt' in my WIP made me realize I needed to dump at least 3/4 of them.

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
She twirled a dial on a nail polish bottle, changing it from orange to teal.

pool

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
Cool water kissed her legs, and the stone bottom of the pool roughed the soles of her feet. A stifled yelp cut the air as someone ducked into the silvery cascade.

Water

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
I sat up on my bed, gasping. Water, water everywhere. It poured from windows, lamps, and picture frames. The pillow behind my head sponged, and the black curtains covering the door gushed like a waterfall.

mirror

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
A group of ragged men sat or lay on the deck, a few of them moving into positions around a large wench.

OMG I think you mean winch!!

That reminds of a story about my Swedish grandfather. He once went to the neighbor's house and asked to borrow their "wench."

Back to the game:

The mirror reflected Chloe’s busy contentment, along with the neat row of painted jars and colorful containers arranged on her dresser. Pretty as they were, Chloe outshone the delicate vessels.

Jar

Last edited:

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Glass jars with glowing diamonds warped my face as I crept past.

mask

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
“Mr. Thomas, help me!” Barney tried to swim to the edge of the tractor beam but got nowhere.

(probably not the type of tractor you were thinking of :tongue)

glint

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score

To her left, moonlight glinted along metal strands. A barbed-wire fence. She swerved and, using reserves of speed she didn’t know she had, gathered herself and leapt. Fiero, hot on her heels, slammed full speed into the wires. His white fur blossomed with dark spots.

​Quiver