Writing about Halloween in August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wil10thewisp

Registered
Reaction score
I know it's weird. I've gotten into vintage Halloween images and stories like Practical Magic and House on Haunted Hill. been writing in my spare time.

Does anyone go through that? is there a place to post my writings or should i wait about two more months.

sincerely

Alison Waeck

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi. I love Halloween. I have a Halloween poem about trick or treating but I haven't posted it here. Writing a YA novel is currently occupying my time. Nice to meet you.

You need 50 posts before you can post your stuff for critique or feedback. A mod will be along in a while to link to the rules if you don't find them on your own.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I love writing Halloween stuff! And reading it. :welcome:

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As long as you get to the 50 posts, you can post any type of work in the appropriate section of SYW.

Keep wandering the forum. It has much to offer! :)

Also: :welcome:

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I wrote about Christmas in August. Halloween seems closer :greenie

novicewriter

Registered
Reaction score
:) Hi. Yes, of course you can write Halloween stories, now; some magazines, playwright and radio competitions start asking for submissions in July and August, in preparation for printing or performing Halloween stories and plays in October.

So, plenty of writers and playwrights write and submit holiday-themed work months in advance.

Last edited:

Laer Carroll

Aerospace engineer turned writer
Registered
Temp Ban
Reaction score
Website
LaerCarroll.com
Write when you feel like it, even far in advance. SUBMIT that writing in the proper time period.

Which again might be months in advance for some outlets. A magazine, printed or electronic, may take a good amount of time to put together if it contains lots of stuff.

Laurasaurus

Registered
Reaction score
I think I was writing a Christmas story for submission in June this year (or even May?)
But to be quite honest, I look forward to Halloween and Christmas all year round, so it's fine by me.

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
When I started my novel, it was set in October, and I was writing in August (of last year). It never felt strange to me. I knew the novel would take me a long time and that eventually I'd be in October.

Status
Not open for further replies.