12-yo threatened by group of parents

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The President is making it acceptable to discriminate against transgender people, and people are getting whipped up and carrying away.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sigh. America has always been like this; it's just sad to be reminded about it so often, so openly. On average, we're a racist, xenophobic, small-minded bunch with delusions of grandeur. For a self-identified "land of rugged individuals", we sure do seem to hate and fear what's not just like us.

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
There are a number of things I'm thinking that I won't say aloud. Suffice to say, I wish many, many charges and legal fees in these people's futures.

And I hope this school administration's commitment to student safety and advocacy will spread.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And these parents haven't been arrested and charged with making terroristic why?

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
This poor child...she's a child. Full stop. There'd be no excuse for this if were a full grown adult, but she is a child. There is no excuse for this, and frankly it disgusts me on many levels. These grown-ass adults behaving this way...towards a child. Does it make them feel better? Are their lives really so depressing and boring that this is how they choose to spend their time? Harassing a child? Specifically a child who is probably already having a difficult time navigating through her hormones - ESPECIALLY being transgender. Every 12-year old battles hormones and puberty, but I can't imagine how difficult doing so as a transgender child would be. And these "adults"...

It is so embarrassing to be human sometimes.

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
Damn. I got some serious death threats at age 11 from my peers (credible ones, since it would have been a simple escalation of the regular group beatings I suffered at their hands already, and the school authorities had long-since made it clear they wouldn't protect or defend me in any way). It was utterly terrifying. My father picked me up at the classroom door on the scheduled date of my murder so I wouldn't have to cross the schoolyard alone and defenseless.

Death threats from adults? I can't even imagine how frightening that must be.

That poor, poor kid.

Last edited: