A wild writer is summoned!

vestige

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I've been looking for a decent community of writers/readers for some time that I can discuss literature as well as improve upon my own writing with. I've been writing for almost 15 years off and on now. Started off when I lost someone in the family and used poetry, albeit dark, as a means of venting it healthily. I now spend a good chunk of my time working on one of the series I'm working on. I have one of them self-published on Amazon and hope to get an agent to get traditionally published.

Looking forward to talking with everyone!

Last edited:

Robots

In the future where will I be ?
Registered
Reaction score
Hi vestige, :welcome: and nice to meet you !

I can totally relate to your use of poetry - I usually write poems when my mind is in a dark place too, and it can be tremendously helpful. Also, in my experience the best poetry is born from pain.

vestige

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, there's a couple of them I'm quite proud of. I might share them if and when I'm able to somewhere on the community. I haven't written anything new though. Haven't felt the need.

Also, thanks for the welcome!

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

vestige

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the welcomes guys! I plan on exploring more and getting familiar with the community.

bgtgauthor

Registered
Reaction score
I'm new here too. Congrats on getting your first book on Amazon. A great accomplishment. Hope finding a traditional publisher goes well for you.

vestige

Registered
Reaction score
Same here, with an added dose of MG.

:welcome:
Many science fiction and fantasy writers around AW!

There's a huge group of Fantasy and SciFi writers here, so you will fit right in.
That's some great news! Looking forward to sharing and gaining some wisdom from fellow writers of the field.

Welcome - fellow newbie here :hi:
Hello and welcome as well!

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm new here too. Congrats on getting your first book on Amazon. A great accomplishment. Hope finding a traditional publisher goes well for you.
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, I'm working on trying to get more notice for the Amazon book and get the sequel(s) traditionally published.

JDGood

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I am new here too, it seems to be a great and helpful community.

braddow

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Vestige! :welcome: SFF is a great way to approach what it feels like to be a YA ;)

The thread title is a Pokemon reference, right?? Playing pokemon blue on the old gameboy...those were the days!