"Unhinged" - The Racist vs. The Lowlife. Who Ya Got?

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's soooo sad when friends fall out and turn on each other. That's where we're at as Omarosa Manigault Newman versus her ex-boss Donald Trump, the man whose star she attached herself to (or is that the shark she played pilot fish for?) have fallen out hard as she her "tell-all" hit job of a book, Unhinged, drops this week. Manigault Newman says he's a N-word using racist. He says she's a "lowlife" who wouldn't stab you in the back because she'd rather stab you in the front.

The Guardian:

Donald Trump is a “racist” who has used the “N-word” repeatedly, Omarosa Manigault Newman, once the most prominent African American in the White House, claims in a searing memoir.

The future US president was caught on mic uttering the taboo racial slur “multiple times” during the making of his reality TV show The Apprentice and there is a tape to prove it, according to Manigault Newman, citing three unnamed sources.

Trump has been haunted from around the time of his election in 2016 by allegations that outtakes from the reality TV show exist in which he is heard saying the N-word and using other offensive language.

In her book, Unhinged, a copy of which was obtained by the Guardian ahead of its publication next week, the former Apprentice participant insists that the reports are true, although she does not say she heard him use the word herself.

She also claims that she personally witnessed Trump use racial epithets about the White House counselor Kellyanne Conway’s husband George Conway, who is half Filipino. “Would you look at this George Conway article?” she quotes the president as saying. “Fucking FLIP! Disloyal! Fucking Goo-goo.”

Both flip and goo-goo are terms of racial abuse for Filipinos.

Critics have previously questioned Manigault Newman’s credibility and are likely to accuse her of seeking revenge against the administration after her abrupt dismissal last December.

At the time, she writes, she felt a “growing realization that Donald Trump was indeed a racist, a bigot and a misogynist. My certainty about the N-word tape and his frequent uses of that word were the top of a high mountain of truly appalling things I’d experienced with him, during the last two years in particular.”

Recalling her sudden and unceremonious departure, she writes: “It had finally sunk in that the person I’d thought I’d known so well for so long was actually a racist. Using the N-word was not just the way he talks but, more disturbing, it was how he thought of me and African Americans as a whole.”

Asked about the allegations in Manigault Newman’s book, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said: “Instead of telling the truth about all the good President Trump and his administration are doing to make America safe and prosperous, this book is riddled with lies and false accusations.

“It’s sad that a disgruntled former White House employee is trying to profit off these false attacks, and even worse that the media would now give her a platform, after not taking her seriously when she had only positive things to say about the president during her time in the administration.”

As you would expect, the White House and Republican operatives are returning fire at Omarosa. Pollster Frank Luntz tweeted, "I’m in @Omarosa’s book on page 149. She claims to have heard from someone who heard from me that I heard Trump use the N-word. Not only is this flat-out false (I’ve never heard such a thing), but Omarosa didn’t even make an effort to call or email me to verify. Very shoddy work."

President Orange Cheeto responded to a reporter's question whether he felt "betrayed" by his former adviser snarled, "Lowlife. She's a lowlife."

Takes one to know one, bro. Omarosa claims she has recordings of White House officials and played one of her being fired by Chief of Staff John Kelly which she took as an direct threat.

WASHINGTON — NBC’s “Meet the Press” on Sunday aired Omarosa Manigault Newman’s recording of her firing by White House Chief of Staff John Kelly in December, and she said that she considers what Kelly said a “threat.”

Manigault Newman appeared on the program in advance of the Tuesday publication of her new memoir “Unhinged: An Insider’s Account of the Trump White House.”

“I think it’s important to understand that if we make this a friendly departure, we can all be, you know, you can look at your time here at the White House as a year of service to the nation, and then you can go on without any difficulty in the future relative to your reputation,” Kelly tells her in the recording.

“It is very obvious a threat. He goes on to say that things can get ugly for you,” Manigault told host Chuck Todd. “The chief of staff of the United States, under direction of the president of the United States, threatening me on damage to my reputation. And things getting ugly for me, and damage to my reputation, that is downright criminal. And if I didn’t have these recordings, no one in America would believe me. So I protected myself and now I am glad I did.”

Kelly is heard on the recording telling Manigault Newman that she is being fired over “integrity violations.” In her interview with Todd, Manigault Newman called on the White House to release her employee file so “the American people will see that I worked my butt off for this country.”

Manigault Newman said that she had a “blind spot” when it came to President Trump. She said that she was “totally complicit” when she defended the president after the Charlottesville riots one year ago. Trump blamed the violence on “many sides,” rather than condemning the white supremacists who were protesting.

“I was complicit with this White House deceiving this nation — they continue to deceive this nation,” she said.
It's August. Congress isn't doing much and there's not a lot of stories coming out of Washington. This isn't much of a story, but when it comes to these two rattlesnakes hissing and baring their venomous fangs at each other, it's delightfully entertaining to have them going at it this way.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
It's August. Congress isn't doing much and there's not a lot of stories coming out of Washington. This isn't much of a story, but when it comes to these two rattlesnakes hissing and baring their venomous fangs at each other, it's delightfully entertaining to have them going at it this way.

I hear you, though yet another report of Trump's malignant racism, sexism, homophobia etc. isn't going to make much difference if it hasn't already. It's not like he hasn't been proudly wearing his bigotry for all to see from day one. This is the guy who became a serious political prospect because of his involvement with the Birther movement.

There was a time when I hoped that the writhing snake pit of Trump's people would devour itself, but the snake pit's ability to spawn more allies is outpacing its losses. The sad fact is that one of our two parties has embraced ideas that were once regarded as "fringe," and it's not yet clear that they're paying any political price for it. A large number of people seem to support him, not in spite of his bigotry and scary social agenda, but because of it.

Last edited:

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
This kind of entertainment is not going to help. It just gives them more money and fame. These people don't lose by looking bad, they win.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
I hear you, though yet another report of Trump's malignant racism, sexism, homophobia etc. isn't going to make much difference if it hasn't already. It's not like he hasn't been proudly wearing his bigotry for all to see from day one. This is the guy who became a serious political prospect because of his involvement with the Birther movement.

There was a time when I hoped that the writhing snake pit of Trump's people would devour itself, but the snake pit's ability to spawn more allies is outpacing its losses. The sad fact is that one of our two parties has embraced ideas that were once regarded as "fringe," and it's not yet clear that they're paying any political price for it. A large number of people seem to support him, not in spite of his bigotry and scary social agenda, but because of it.

+1

I think we can safely say that the notion of Decency trumping Degradation is crud, especially short term. Decency alone is not a politically viable strategy in these times. The Degraders control the narrative, control the news cycle, control the lockstep minority who will push through a majority that's too easily divided (or just plain turned apathetic.) And junk like this just adds fuel. I'm not saying give up Decency altogether; I'm just saying it's time to stop pretending that "they go low, we go high" is going to somehow win the country back.

I don't know how we come back from this. I don't know if we come back from this...

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
What's that saying, even a stopped clock is right twice a day? She is a lowlife, imo--which is why he brought her on board and she was willing to work with him, lie for him, sell out the country in service to the almighty dollar.

I wish (yah, yah, if wishes were horses) people like her, Spicer, Banon, et al would find themselves booted with no means to further capitalize on their time in this administration. No book deals, no teaching gigs, no paid speaking engagements. As long as that isn't the case, not one of them needs to care about the damage to their precious reputations, let alone think about the damage they've done to this country.

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
The question is, who does she think is going to buy this book? Intelligent people are not going to buy it because they know most, if not all of it is bullshit and a lame attempt by her to cash in on her "fame." Surely not 45's base - they don't read books, and the bigots sure as hell aren't going to buy a book written by a black woman.

MS KIKI

Banned
Reaction score
There is no fair and balanced conversation here in this forum. Those who claim to champion diversity are hypocrites. Try and start a sincere discussion or offer a different opinion, and the gang of goddesses who run this blog will be all over you like a rash. That's clear.

The focus in ACE&H is to speak rumor and gossip as truth and to bash Trump no matter what.

Everyone here loves statistics. Here are some real ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XuSp1uptVw

God bless the USA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmnYnYX4soI

Last edited:

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
There is no fair and balanced conversation here in this forum. Those who claim to champion diversity are hypocrites. Try and start a sincere discussion or offer a different opinion, and the gang of goddesses who run this blog will be all over you like a rash. That's clear.

The focus in ACE&H is to speak rumor and gossip as truth and to bash Trump no matter what.

God bless the USA!

I don't understand what your post has to do with Omarosa Manigault Newman's book.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

God bless the USA!

Those are neither statistics nor viable supporting evidence for your claims. If you have real information, please share it, as everybody who posts here is expected to back up their opinions when making a point. Especially when you go off on a rant on how horrible the rest of us are in the room when you don't agree with us and vice versa. Until then, please have a look at the room's expectations stickie. Again.

BenPanced

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
At least a rash is somewhat better than being stomped on by their jackboots. A little calamine lotion and it's off to the races.

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com

Jolly-Boo

Please, call me Boo
Registered
Reaction score

God bless the USA!

If you want to start a sincere discussion then go ahead. But this is not a place where people will entertain an unfounded conspiracy theory. If you want to start a discussion based on a claim Trump made, you will have to back that up - and it's highly unlikely you'll be able to do that, and you will be alone in that fight.

If you have something to say about Omarosa, go ahead.

And sure, god bless the USA and it alone.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score

God bless the USA!

You've been given the official PM. You've had subsequent PMs from mods. You've had in thread warnings from mods—more than once.

You seem to be struggling with basic concepts of citation and respect, not to mention courtesy.

Youtube links to propaganda videos are not citations. Link dropping is not engaging. Unsupported assertions are not engaging.

You seem to have difficulty comprehending basic concepts underlying written communication. Like making sense. Or using verbs, not to mention supporting evidence and a clear and persuasive argument.

You don't even seem to understand RYFW. Or have a clue about the community you're engaging with.

That thing where you deliberately post something antagonistic, insulting or hostile then wait to see what happens? It's pretty standard behavior for a certain kind of user. The other members see it too. You posted your little tantrum over an hour ago. You've been logged on since, madly refreshing the thread.

There isn't a "gang of goddesses," just a duo of dykes, and a Venn diagram of mods who have valiantly volunteered to vanquish trolls.

We can hear your dog-whistles, and we've seen concern trolls before.

You're a waste of time, energy, and bandwidth.

Go away. The literate adults are busy.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Omarosa claims she has recordings of White House officials and played one of her being fired by Chief of Staff John Kelly which she took as an direct threat.

From the link:
She also said that her conversation with Kelly took place in the White House situation room, an area that is typically off limits to personal recording devices and cell phones.

Cellphones are notoriously unsecured devices ( link ). They should be left outside the Situation Room at all times. It show a poor display of discipline on the part of WH staffers. This is amateurism at best. At worst it's a blatant disregard for the country's security in favor of a petty personal agenda.

-cb

Last edited:

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
From the link:

Cellphones are notoriously unsecured devices ( link ). They should be left outside the Situation Room at all times. It show a poor display of discipline on the part of WH staffers. This is amateurism at best. At worst it's a blatant disregard for the country's security in favor of a petty personal agenda.

-cb

Immature, unprofessional, and possibly, seriously dangerous. (There's a surprising amount of empty space in a cell phone, with potentially to add Bad Things. Never mind the inherent security issues of a device designed to create and transmit data.)

Last edited:

BenPanced

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We have a high level of security protocols in place at The Day Job™, where it's verboten to plug personal USB flash drives into our PCs; because of past copy protection issues regarding Sony BMG CDs automatically downloading and installing DRM protections that were difficult to uninstall, we can't even listen to any CDs on our PCs full stop. Hell, we even get a warning message when we plug in headphones.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
We have a high level of security protocols in place at The Day Job™, where it's verboten to plug personal USB flash drives into our PCs; because of past copy protection issues regarding Sony BMG CDs automatically downloading and installing DRM protections that were difficult to uninstall, we can't even listen to any CDs on our PCs full stop. Hell, we even get a warning message when we plug in headphones.

I've worked at places where I was provided with a pad of paper and a pencil. Everything else stayed outside the Speshul Rooms.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This kind of entertainment is not going to help. It just gives them more money and fame. These people don't lose by looking bad, they win.

+1

I think we can safely say that the notion of Decency trumping Degradation is crud, especially short term. Decency alone is not a politically viable strategy in these times. The Degraders control the narrative, control the news cycle, control the lockstep minority who will push through a majority that's too easily divided (or just plain turned apathetic.) And junk like this just adds fuel. I'm not saying give up Decency altogether; I'm just saying it's time to stop pretending that "they go low, we go high" is going to somehow win the country back.

I don't know how we come back from this. I don't know if we come back from this...

I hear you and I understand you, however, I cannot agree with you.

If you give into despair you will become despair. If you shrug and say, "What's the use?" you will become useless. If you give up the fight before the first blow is thrown or landed, maybe you weren't ready for a fight in the first place.

I can only say two things and one is from Sojourner Truth who faced a far, far worse time of darkness and degradation that any of us have, yet still found it within her soul to make this sage observation, "Life is a hard battle anyway. If we laugh and sing a little as we fight the good fight of freedom, it makes it all go easier. I will not allow my life's light to be determined by the darkness around me."

The second thing is America is going through a time of darkness and it's gonna be hard to find a way back through it and pull it back into the light. That's where faith kicks in. The faith that even if things are bad, they can be better at some point which means you may have to take it on faith that if you go down the steps on a dark night the next step will be there. If we throw our hands up now and let the opportunity to repudiate Trump and put him on notice, the next election is less than 100 days away and if this opportunity is missed, there will be hell to pay in 2020 when Trump runs for a second tern to screw the world harder and stronger.

Yeah, Omarosa vs. President Dingleberry is a sideshow/shitshow, but it ain't all that serious and that's why I mentioned it in the first place. Nobody with good sense will buy Omarosa's book. Nobody who isn't an Omarosa groupie would be caught dead reading Omarosa's book. It's not particularly newsworthy, but there aren't a lot of threads devoted to fixing this country's crumbling infrastructure, so you take what you can get.

Last edited:

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
45 is going ballistic on Twitter. This is an ugly, degrading childish fight; of course he's going to be all over it.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
45 is going ballistic on Twitter. This is an ugly, degrading childish fight; of course he's going to be all over it.

It's always so hard to tell when it's kayfabe or not, I'm suddenly a kid again trying to figure out if Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage really aren't friends or if it's all an act.

But I wouldn't rule out a future for Omarosa in this administration.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

If it's ugly and degrading, naturally Trump is all over it like a horsefly on a turd. He can't help himself.

"Wacky Omarosa, who got fired 3 times on the Apprentice, now got fired for the last time. She never made it, never will. She begged me for a job, tears in her eyes, I said Ok. People in the White House hated her. She was vicious, but not smart. I would rarely see her but heard really bad things. Nasty to people & would constantly miss meetings & work. When Gen. Kelly came on board he told me she was a loser & nothing but problems. I told him to try working it out, if possible, because she only said GREAT things about me - until she got fired!"

Unpack that drooling drivel and count all the Trumpism's in one tweet. "Wacky." "Not smart." "Nasty." "Loser." "Fired (x 3)."

Yet Trump is picking the wrong fight with Omarosa. Throwing rocks at the woman whose celebrity is inextricably tied to his is typical Trump. Once anyone in his orbit displays disloyalty, they are excommunicated from the Church of Trump as a blasphemous heretic. Trump putting Omarosa on blast was as predictable as the sun rising in the East and setting in the West. There was no way this wasn't gonna get ugly.

What Trump is missing (probably because Fox & Friends and Sean Hannity haven't told him) is the real reason to rip Manigault Newman is her publicly airing her firing by Chief of Staff John Kelly by way of a surreptitious audio recording she made in the White House Situation Room.

Behind a locked door in the basement of the West Wing, the White House Situation Room is one of the most iconic, secure, technologically advanced places in all of American government. Created in 1961 by the Kennedy administration after the doomed Bay of Pigs invasion, the Situation Room is where presidents direct troops overseas, monitor international crises, and supervise domestic responses to hurricanes and wildfires.

No photograph quite captures the setting like Situation Room. White House photographer Pete Souza caught that vibe on May 1, 2011, as President Barack Obama and members of his Cabinet and military-command staff watched the takedown of Osama bin Laden in real time. Obama sits crouched forward in his chair, and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton covers her mouth with her hand to hide her concern.

It’s in this storied context that Omarosa Manigault Newman, once President Donald Trump’s aide and liaison to the African American community, claimed Sunday morning on Meet the Press that she had been unceremoniously hauled into the Situation Room in December by White House Chief of Staff John Kelly and fired. And she produced a tape she made to prove it. What exactly to call this Situation Room first, beyond jaw-dropping, or perhaps tawdry? And it’s worth noting that the Situation Room is equipped with sensors in the ceiling that detect unauthorized cellular signals, though presumably not anodyne recording on one’s cellphone. Here’s part of what Kelly tells Newman, according to the tape:

It’s come to my attention over the last few months that there’s been some pretty, in my opinion, significant integrity issues related to you and use of government vehicles and some other issues … And the issue that you may or may not have a full appreciation for, but I think you do, this would be a pretty high level of accountability … Meaning a court-martial. We’re not suggesting any legal action here … I’d like to see this be a friendly departure. There are pretty significant legal issues that we hope don’t develop into something that’ll make it ugly for you … You know you can look at your time here in the White House as a year of service to the nation. And then you can go on without any type of difficulty in the future, relative to your reputation.

Manigault Newman made it clear in her interview with host Chuck Todd that she considered Kelly’s reference to “reputation” a threat. “They take me into the Situation Room, the doors are locked, they tell me I can’t leave, and they start to threaten me,” she said. When Todd asks her, incredulity rising, about her decision to tape the chief of staff in the Situation Room, she doesn’t back down. “I protected myself because this is a White House where everybody lies,” she said. “If I didn’t have these recordings, no one in America would believe me.”

And why should anyone in America believe her? After all, this is the same Omarosa who boasted in a Frontline interview:

"Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to President Trump. It's everyone who's ever doubted Donald, who ever disagreed, who ever challenged him. It is the ultimate revenge to become the most powerful man in the universe."

It's all fun and games until someone illicitly records a conversation in what should be the most secure room on the planet. This is Donald Trump's crazy-ass reality show and we're all condemned to live in it. :cry:

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Of course neither of these backstabbing morons is credible. Their liar liar feud is playground stuff. The real issue facing the nation: Jesus Hoptoad Christ! How fucked up is this administration???? And how long will rational Republicans continue to back it? (We all know where the irrationals stand-- directly behind the asscrack.)

__Fux News is saying that now the liberals are embracing Omarosa--the hell we are. We are laughing our asses off at the whole absurd mess. Why hire her in the first place, you marmalade headed moron? He fired you three times. How the hell did you THINK this was going to turn out? Popping into meetings and being stunning might work with Tang Man but sooner or later incompetence cancels out looks.

The firing thing and then being contacted by the boss who sez "I had no idea! I feel so bad for you!" ? Wacky as it sounds something like that happened to me once. I wrote a novel about it. Nobody bought the manuscript but it happened. So I can step into Omarosa's shoes for just a second. That does make one yearn for vengeance.

If anyone has learned anything over the years, it must be O. She came prepared to tape. And it must have been a piece of cake, right under Kelly's nose. Obviously Kelly is not the capable military commander type the Republicans painted him to be. I'm thinking more like General Dreedle.

So what happened to all the tapes Tang-O said that he was making?

Last edited:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh dear, turns out there is at least one other recording. On the second one, Oma told Trump she got fired by Kelly and Trump acted like he didn't know, he was sorry it didn't work out, yadda yadda.

This man is so pitiful he can't actually tell someone they are fired to their face except on a game show or when he's yelling nasty epithets from the podium.

The tape of Trump must really be burning him up.

The big question: what else does she have recorded. :evil