• Read this: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?288931-Guidelines-for-Participation-in-Outwitting-Writer-s-Block

before you post.

I'd rather daydream than write. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabih888

Registered
Reaction score
Use the 7th idea and work it into the 6th novella, its simple.

mwatchornbooks

Registered
Reaction score
This is a silly trick, but whenever I feel like I'm pulling teeth through some part of the process, I get mad. Like, mad at the task itself. I turn it into a challenge and pretty much declare I will not be defeated. Super goofy, I know, but I'm a competitive person. I must prove my superiority. Helps knock me out of whatever headspace I'm stuck in. :tongue

Last edited:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Than, not then.... aaarrrgghhh.

Sorry, perhaps that was addressed in the posts I skipped over.

Turn your daydreaming into writing. I daydreamed for years, then one NaNoWriMo day I spit that daydream out into an outline. Let the writing begin.

What are you daydreaming about?

I am totally stressed out today. Half of this country is supporting a racist POTUS like I've never seen in my life. As if that wasn't enough I'm being totally screwed by the IRS* while the rich are reaping billions tax free as rewards for whatever those tax cut deals were done in the back room with Trump and Mitch McConnell.

I'm vacillating between anger and that little voice in my head telling me to let it go and just deal with it.

So I go into my WIP and I find solace.

*Anyone who wants to hear the details feel free to PM me but it's not something I am seeking empathy for.

Status
Not open for further replies.