Greetings all!

DesertBioPunk

Registered
Reaction score
I am Pence, or at least that is what my friends call me. I am a fan of both Fantasy and Sci Fi, though I lean more towards Fantasy. Some of my favorite series are the Wheel of Time, The Sword of Truth, and Song of Ice and Fire. I also enjoy plenty of Manga, with Berserk being my most favorite out of them all.

I come to the site because, as I get closer to publishing my fantasy novel, the realization dawned on me that I should be involved in an active community of other writers. I was a part of another forum that I found through NaNoWriMo for awhile full of fantastic people, but it has become a ghost town as of late. Hopefully I can meet more cool people here and learn a thing or two before jumping down the publishing rabbit hole.

I am currently on my second draft of my fantasy novel that started as a NaNoWriMo project. The journey was long, but it's starting to shape from the unmitigated mess it was into an actual story. I am very excited to see the finished product.

All in all, I can wait to meet all of you and learn more about the process!

Last edited:

GLZyx

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Seems like you're getting ready to finish before the next NaNoWriMo. Good Luck!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

DesertBioPunk

Registered
Reaction score
Seems like you're getting ready to finish before the next NaNoWriMo. Good Luck!

I'm not so sure about that. I doubt I'll be finished by November, but I'll be pushing to finish it up. It still has a lot of work it needs. I may take a break for NaNoWriMo though. I have a few ideas floating around in my head that'd I'd like to play with. Thank you though!

I appreciate all the info. Thanks!

Last edited:

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Great to see a polished novel coming out of a NaNo experience.

Best of luck, and welcome to AW!

DesertBioPunk

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW! Also, Berserk is awesome.

That it is. I have been working on getting caught up with the manga recently. I got behind when Dark Horse brought it over to America.

Pure class! That's my favourite series. Just finished book 11.

It is a great series. I haven been meaning to finish the last few books, but it had been such a long time since I read the series I needed to reread it, and that is a brutal undertaking.

JustWriteMike

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I guess I’m living in a bubble because I’d never heard of NaNoWriMo until joining this site myself a couple days ago. Sounds like quite an accomplishment. :Clap: 50000 words in a month would be way beyond me.

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
It is a great series. I haven been meaning to finish the last few books, but it had been such a long time since I read the series I needed to reread it, and that is a brutal undertaking.

I'm the same. I love the series, and when I start reading I devour it, but each book is so huge I tend to put it off until I'm completely out of the story.