Amazing August - 500 words per day writing/editing - all genres welcome

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Wil10thewisp - It's actually a shared world created by myself and three writer friends. We've already released book 1 in the series. We have an anthology of short stories set in the same world to release in November. Spoiler alert: My idea is slightly firmer than it was before, so progress.

MsDashwood - Awesome. Every word is a reason to cheer. ;)

Zan75 - Nice work! I did have fun camping, thanks!

So I'm back and since I'm off my VA job, I want to be super productive this week. We'll see how it goes.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I actually managed to finish a rough draft of my synopsis the other day. Life's been awfully interrupt-driven, but I'm trying to do some revisions.

The idea is to make sure the subtleties are placed at the right points of the story, and then I'll go back to actual edits.

I may never get enough uninterrupted time to do it.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Little more progress on the synopsis today.

I've realized November's coming up, and therefore NaNoWriMo. That gives me a nice deadline for finishing this book. Can I do it in 60 days? I thought I'd be done months ago.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
OH HI THERE ENORMOUS PLOT HOLE, NICE OF YOU TO LET ME KNOW YOU'RE THERE

They do wait until you're pretty far down the path, don't they? Good luck - you'll fix it!

So I have a nice synopsis draft now, and I'm trimming/polishing it. Wasn't going to put it on SYW, but I'm thinking it might be nice to have other eyes. I can't include every detail and have it be short enough, and I want to make sure it makes sense.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Another month nearly gone. -sighs-

I hope everyone is doing well and making progress. How's the month been, are you meeting your expectations? Best of luck for a strong finish.

I'm still plugging away, never as quickly as I'd like, but making progress so I guess I can't really complain :)

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I have been working on my synopsis, and now it is longer. /headdesk

On the bright side, the whole reason I've been writing it now is to work out a bit toward the end I need to rewrite. I think it's nearly there. It'll be something between 6K and 12K, which (if I can @#$! focus) shouldn't take more than a week or so.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
I've been doing terribly. Not enough focus, lots of paid work which is great, but not so good for personal stuff. I'm gonna try to get at least one thing done on my list before the month is over.