NFL 2018 Pre-season Begins Thursday

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Game one, preseason football (Chicago Bears vs. Baltimore Ravens) begins this Thursday night on CBS TV.

Two great middle linebackers (Brian Urlacher and Ray Lewis) will be inducted in the Hall of Fame (HOF) this Saturday; hence why these teams are playing.

5 PM PST/8 PM EST (check local listings for times) is the Thursday (Aug 2) game.

2018 HOF Inductees: https://www.howtowatch.com/sports/nfl/pro-football-hall-of-fame-ceremony/

"On Saturday, August 4 at 7 p.m. ET, the 2018 Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony takes place in Canton, Ohio. It will be a great event that will see eight new members inducted into the Hall of Fame. The Class of 2018 includes Bobby Beathard, Robert Brazile, Brian Dawkins, Jerry Kramer, Ray Lewis, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, and Brian Urlacher."

Moss and Owens in the same year? Odd. I heard Owens is pulling some stunt to hold his own induction and is boycotting the HOF induction.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Moss - Yesss! :Thumbs:

Owens - Meh! :rolleyes

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-nf...-resulted-in-an-existential-crisis-1533571789

The new rule penalizes players for lowering their heads to make contact with any part of an opponent’s body, not just the head...

Interested to see how the new helmet rule plays out. No one wants to see these guys get hurt, but this could really slow the game down. Not to mention the games that will be deicded by penalties called on this rule.

I watched the Ravens/Bears game and part of the inducton ceremony--caught Ray Lewis' speech. My two teams are the Steelers and the Rams, in that order! Always look forward to the start of the NFL season.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Seems the helmet rule hasn't been much of a problem. Steelers are starting to come around, but they have a long, Leveon-less season ahead of them. Rams, on the other hand, look great. I was in a bar a couple weeks ago and said to those w/in earshot that a Rams/Chiefs Super Bowl would be great. And that Mahommes was a superstar in the making. Turns out his neighbor and close friend from Texas was a few stools down and his ears perked up. Pulled out photos of him and the talented QB, recent and plentiful.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Patriots win the Super Bowl again. A lot of people were saying the game was boring but I though it was pretty good. There have been better Super Bowls but also far worse. I am old enough to remember when the Super Bowl used to be so lopsided that games were over by halftime and the commercials were the best part. Now the games are good and the commercials suck. At least it was competitive and wasn't decided until the final minute.

As good as the Patriots are I don't think they will be back next year. Rams have a young QB and head coach so they should be good for a the next few years at least. Though we know things can flip in the NFL quickly. My early pick for next year is the Chiefs and Saints. Overall I felt the NFL season was pretty good and better than some of the recent ones.