Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Day 29 - 374
Day 30 - 348

Both of those were me retyping longhand, but I did add some new bits and did revision/editing.

I need to get my (insert favorite ephemism for "excrement" here) together before I decide if I'm going to join the September thread. I've got the "write every day" part down, but I still write very,very slowly and have serious issues with procrastination. I'm going to sleep on it tonight and decide tomorrow. Chances are good I'll feel much better about everything once the humidity breaks.

WGough

Registered
Reaction score
Day 30
Drafted 1,224 words of Book IV.

xenylic: Congrats!

Daniel: Amazing word count!

KayMitch: That is stupendous.

Cindyt: Great work. Congrats on shining!

April: Way to meet your goal. So happy for you. I second this thread for staving off that feeling of writing in the dark.

One more day, then the three day weekend. Gotta step up my game. Echoing April's swim swim swim.

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
Still no words for me. I’ve got a draft to edit, a new story that I want to begin since I couldn’t on the train, and editor who bought one of my pieces has sent it back for editing and I don’t know how to incorporate his suggestions, AND I’m too tired to even write letters.

Le sigh.

KayMitch

Registered
Reaction score
We're back to the spirit inside my MC's POV and I just kind of feel bad for her. She's putting all her eggs in the wrong basket and she doesn't even realize it. So sad.

Words today: 2872

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Slow day, but I still wrote.

51 words.

Going to Toronto for the weekend. I'll be in touch! Ta ta! :D

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
Day 30

New words - 755

Revision - 5 chapters,

Research - Extinct animals.

April - I know what you mean. My word count hinges on how many times I run look something up.

WGough - Good job as usual. Thank you.

April Swanson

Happy Beeps
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aprilswanson.com
Pterofan: I’d say it’s consistency that matters, not speed. You’re checking in every day, getting words in, and that’s awesome. I hope you stick around for September :)

WGough: Enjoy your three-day weekend. (And woohoo for another solid day’s drafting!)

Taylor: Ah, edits. Sigh indeed.

Layla: Woo, 3/4 page!

KayMitch: Poor spirit. And poor blank page cos you are destroying it right now ;)

Daniel: Enjoy Toronto! If you see Chris Hadfield, please say hi for me :hi:

Cindyt: Your research is so varied! Must be really interesting. I’m also impressed you can revise so many chapters in a day.

I had another decent 1k yesterday (today though I’m stuck :( ). I also downloaded a timer for my phone, and used 5/1 sprints to brainstorm. Usually I only do that for drafting, but it actually worked really well for musing too. My attention span is so crap I literally can’t focus for more than five minutes at a time. But, using short sprints I get the work done, so I’ll happily live with my squirrel brain.

Catch you kids in September :)

Day 31: Decent bit; 3 miles; popcorn tea

Gibby

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all – I apologize for being so hit-and-miss with my posts.
My internet went down shortly after my first post in this thread and was spotty until an IT miracle happened last night. Neighbor felt the need to cut the cable internet line to the subdivision.
I was able to read how wonderfully everyone else was doing on my phone, but posting was… a different proposition altogether.
Congrats to all!

Yesterday marked the last of the 5 birthdays I was dealing with this month. And even though one is pushed to this weekend due to rain – there is a remote controlled birthday cake waiting on an eager 7-year-old. So, a happy thing to imagine for everyone.

With yesterday's miracle, I went ahead and bought my domain and got a "something-goes-here-eventually" site up. Next month it will be much more filled.

And writing – I have been writing, every day. What I thought would be a 2,000-ish word finish that I could wordsmith through the end of the month, took an unplanned plot twist. I got excited. It's not quite finished, but I've got 10,000 words since my last post and may now be at that 2,000-to-the-end mark again. Couldn't let the big bad get off that easily. My own fault, completely.

Thanks all, for the kind words and support. Hopefully, next time I join in, I'll be a lot more regular in giving the support back. I think each of you are awesome!

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Drive by for the end of the month. I just couldn't get going this morning.

That said, I'm going to continue pounding my head against the wall and come back for another round in September. No minimum word counts, no stated goals, just "start the day with writing." Let's see what that gets me.

Although I would also like to finish my current story, revise/polish and submit the one I finished in July, and get going on my romance series, which currently stands at seven books. No wonder my brain freezes up.

(starts humming "See You in September")

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
indeed it did, Cindy.

I'm going to do a quick drive by & see everyone in the September thread. I wrote about 1/4 page today & the other stuff... too crazy

WGough

Registered
Reaction score
Day 31
Drafted 2,182 words of Book IV. Goal for the day met. Time for sleep.

Taylor: Buck up, camper. At least you have options. And congrats on selling a piece.

Layla: You've been so busy. Nice work.

KayMitch: Another great word count. Torture that character!

Daniel: 51 words is not nothing. Safe travels.

Cindyt: Amazing writing and revising, as usual. Research will bog. (not in the UK toilet sense)

April: Way to meet your goal. I'll give myself 20 minutes, then pace until a sentence hits me. Showering works, too, but I've got to hang onto my thought until I can get it down. Seemingly brilliant ideas flow most frequently while I'm driving. Of course, they're gone by the time I can safely write them down.

Gibby: Wow, you're on fire. Love the remote control birthday cake! I want one.

Pterofan: Awesome attitude. September Morn.

Well, August was all right for me. While I didn't get a handle on that pesky Book II, I drafted 89,772 words for the exploratory draft of Book III and got 29,663 words down for the exploratory of Book IV. Congratulations to everyone.

Last edited:

KayMitch

Registered
Reaction score
662 words for the last day of the month! I'll see y'all next month :*

Status
Not open for further replies.