Royalty statements

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
If you part ways with an agency, are they still responsible for sending you the royalty statements on the books they rep? Or do you need to tap the publisher directly for those?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
If you part ways with an agency, are they still responsible for sending you the royalty statements on the books they rep? Or do you need to tap the publisher directly for those?

Generally, they still need to send you the royalty statements. Check your contracts (with the agency and with the publisher), but it's unusual if they aren't.

Some agencies have a clause saying that royalties accrue until X amount, but they are still required to send you a report even if they don't send a check.

I have been successful after firing an agent in getting the publisher to give me access to their digital royalty reports.

eqb

I write novels
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.claireodell.com

They're the agent of record for those books, so yeah, they should be sending statements to you.