Trump says something truthful!

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

nicolane

Adorably Unhinged
Registered
Reaction score
Can I ask you to please be a little more careful with your titles.

The shock of this one nearly stopped my heart, I had to take a few deep breaths and my trusty GTN spray.

Please a little more thought in future!

:roll:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
I'm somehow shocked he would actually refer to himself as 'Your favorite president'. I know, I know, I've learned nothing in the six years he's been POTUS.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Can I ask you to please be a little more careful with your titles.

The shock of this one nearly stopped my heart, I had to take a few deep breaths and my trusty GTN spray.

Please a little more thought in future!

:roll:

I'm somehow shocked he would actually refer to himself as 'Your favorite president'. I know, I know, I've learned nothing in the six years he's been POTUS.

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

neandermagnon

Registered
Reaction score
I'm inclined to think that he didn't actually say anything truthful at all and that referring to himself as "your favourite president" was a way of psychologically distancing himself from whatever it was that's trying to claim he didn't do. Psychologists probably have a word for this kind of thing. But I think the statement is close to an actual admittance that he did it.

It's easier to lie and get away with lying if you twist the statement so it's not an actual lie.

Last edited:

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
The UK must be cutting delusional as well as fake news... it sez the video's not available in my area. *Snort*

But, hot damn, was this post click bait. :roll: Comes to something when people rush to see a post saying numpty trumpty fell off the wall and spilled some truth for a change.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
I'm inclined to think that he didn't actually say anything truthful at all

Ummmm . . . I was reacting to the obvious and oblivious irony of him saying such a stupid thing. As have many responders on Twitter, among other places. He was of course referring to himself, because that's what he always does. The fact that he is so self-absorbed that he can't bring himself to acknowledge that he is not hugely popular is a blatant symptom of his personality disorder.

But the irony is that, while we all know what he meant, what he actually said is indeed true for many of us: MY favorite President indeed did nothing wrong here.

caw

Last edited:

neandermagnon

Registered
Reaction score
I agree and I understood what you're all saying. He accidentally stated something true like the stopped clock that's right twice a day, which is kind of hilarious. I just think it's also almost an admission of guilt, when you look at it from that point of view as well.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Ummmm . . . I was reacting to the obvious and oblivious irony of him saying such a stupid thing. As have many responders on Twitter, among other places. He was of course referring to himself, because that's what he always does. The fact that he is so self-absorbed that he can't bring himself to acknowledge that he is not hugely popular is a blatant symptom of his personality disorder.

But the irony is that, while we all know what he meant, what he actually said is indeed true for many of us: MY favorite President indeed did nothing wrong here.

caw

He only speaks to his base. Sadly, among registered Republicans, his approval ratings are very high. He may well be some of their "favorite" POTUS.

We really need a vomiting emoji.

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
He only speaks to his base. Sadly, among registered Republicans, his approval ratings are very high. He may well be some of their "favorite" POTUS.

We really need a vomiting emoji.

The Republican Party is in an interesting state. Almost all of it is devoted to Trump, because those who aren't have left the Republican Party.

If Trump falls, will the Republican Party continue to exist? Right now, it's less the GOP than the demon child of the Tea Party, with many remaining members not having any particular devotion to the Republican Party per se.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
The Republican Party is in an interesting state. Almost all of it is devoted to Trump, because those who aren't have left the Republican Party.

If Trump falls, will the Republican Party continue to exist? Right now, it's less the GOP than the demon child of the Tea Party, with many remaining members not having any particular devotion to the Republican Party per se.

IMHO, this is the inevitable end result of an "ends justify the means" incremental selling out to extreme (and possibly-probably-but-not-technically-proven-in-a-court-of-law-yet illegal/treasonous) interests and methodologies. They allowed their own party to be hijacked, and those who are not active co-conspirators are victims of Stockholm syndrome. At this point, silence implies consent; by not standing up to take their party back, they're signaling either their embracing of those extreme and increasingly unconstitutional and un-American goals and ideals, or their willingness to justify any means to further the ends of an increasingly dubious victory (or "payback" against those who dare not be them)... and I see no functional difference between the two possibilities.