Hi! from Arizona

lmrapier

Registered
Reaction score
I am a homeschool mom of four. In my free time, I enjoying reading and writing. I read a variety of genres: historical (fiction and nonfiction), classics, westerns, mystery, sci-fi, and fantasy. I am currently writing fantasy fiction. I just completed my first novel (not yet published). I'm originally from Southern California, but currently live in Arizona--basically trading Joshua Trees for Saguaros. I love dogs and coffee. Anyhow, I joined this forum hoping to learn about querying agents, getting published, and of course improving my writing.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Lover of coffee and dogs, too, but more in that order.

Welcome to AW!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I traded saguaros for maple trees some time back, but I still miss certain aspects of Arizona. Welcome to you!

InkStainedWench

It's a dirty job, but...
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, lmrapier!

I, too, traded SoCal Joshua trees. But all I got was a handful of magic beans.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I read a variety of genres: historical (fiction and nonfiction), classics, westerns, mystery, sci-fi, and fantasy.

Your reading list suits me to a T. I'm currently writing a mystery sequel set in the not-so-old west, but my project in the wings is science-fiction.

Congratulations on completing your novel and getting ready to query it--the exiting part (as in the ancient curse: "May you live in exiting times." :greenie)

:welcome:, Imrapier.

EmmaSkysong

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, and congrats on finishing your first novel, it's a big accomplishment! :)

Jennie

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:
You must be very busy with four children, so congratulations for finishing your first novel :)

Soliloquill

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: I traded the Joshua trees of SoCal for the weather-changing ones in Ohio :) Congrats on your novel! It only gets better from there, and you chose a great site to learn from.

A.graye

Registered
Reaction score
Hi.

You'll find a lot of help here, beta readers, critiquers... Mostly people who want to see you succeed.