• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Fairy Tale Retelling Seeking Beta Reader (35000 words)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
As the title suggests, I have a fairy tale retelling in need of beta readers. It's got elements from a variety of fairy tales, but the framing device is The Goose Girl from the POV of the Handmaid. It's already had one reader on it, but I'd like another pair of eyes or two before submitting. I was hoping to have it ready for the Fireside or Tor open submission in early August. I should have posted this sooner. If that time frame doesn't work for you but you're still interested, I'm still happy to get your feedback on your own time. Anything at anytime is better than nothing, after all.

Brief Summary:

Two days ago, Gemma Warwick was just her princess's loyal handmaid and protector.
Yesterday, a monster stole Gemma's body and trapped her in a reflection.
Now, Gemma's borrowing a kind old witch's body. It's slow, it aches, and it has strange powers she doesn't know how to use, but it'll get her back to her princess, and no monster, army, or fairy tale is going to stand between them.

Thanks for taking a look. :)

Last edited:

recoveringandroid

Registered
Reaction score
I love fairy tale retellings and would love to be a beta reader on this project!

Status
Not open for further replies.