Anyone here on Wattpad?

unthoughtknown

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jennifersando.com
Hi guys, who has a Wattpad account?

I haven't been a member for very long. I've written one short story and published it there (it's around 4k) but I'm not sure if I will write any more for Wattpad. Still trying to work out how I feel about the site's vibe and purpose. I certainly won't be putting my novel up there - despite hearing a few success stories from others.

Looking to reach out to other Wattpad folks around here anyway.

My profile is here if anyone wants to connect and I'll follow back!

Last edited:
Reactions: Trying To Be Good

godzillachild

Registered
Reaction score
I always thought Wattpad was just for fanfiction. I didn't know you could post original stories on there too! I'll have to check this out

BagfootBandit

Registered
Reaction score
I'm Curatio on Wattpad :) I followed you. I'll follow others here too, we should get a network going.

I thought it would be a good extra platform for my ongoing Angelic Letters series awhile back. I've sort of left it by the wayside for a couple months but I want to continue. Mainly waiting for some artwork I commissioned from my sister for the letters (or rather, she's waiting for me to send the other half of the check...).

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Does anyone get any​ feedback there? I get nothing.

Oh, gosh. I was very, very active years ago and did cop some reads. But then I disappeared for about three years and went back. I've had no support lately.I think there is a paying option for membership and I have no idea what that is about. I do have accounts at Wattpad and Booksie, but lately, I haven't been able to add any chapters, articles or stories. They just don't show up.

Shalon

Registered
Reaction score
Hey!
I'm @shalonsims on Wattpad! It's so cool to find this thread here.

I have a question -- anyone know the protocol for querying a book that was posted on Wattpad? I should say is posted on Wattpad. I posted my first discovery draft there and had some success with it actually, but it had a HORRIBLE ending that readers hated, and did I mention it was a discovery draft? It was really bad.

Anyway, I've since worked on it and actually did a complete rewrite, so now I'm querying, Yay!

I don't intend to take the first draft off Wattpad, but wondering if i should mention it in my query or what???

Thanks -- if anyone has experience in that, I'd appreciate the feedback.

BabyBoomer

Registered
Reaction score
I signed up for Wattpad some time ago, to publish my stories and poems, but I didn't like it, people asked me for money to correct my texts, it was frustrating, it seemed like a cult and not a social network.
Now I was thinking, can I use it as a Blog, to improve my English, and other languages.
I can use it to post reviews, and thoughts.

CMBright

Cats are easy, Mice are tough
Registered
Reaction score
@BabyBoomer, two considerations.

First, this thread has been dead since 2019. Please try to avoid necroing threads.

Second, Wattpad is a display site. Publishing on any site that is open to the public to read, i.e.: a display site, is published in the legal definition. That means the writer publishing on such a site has given their first rights away. If the goal is just to publish, great, you're published. If the goal is to sell to magazines, anthologies or other trade markets, it is next to impossible to sell a reprint of a story.