Well, the Rumors are True: I'm a Newbie

AstronautMikeDexter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
michaelprocopiowrites.wordpress.com
Hi all,

My name is Michael and I'm very excited to become a part of this community. I write mostly fantasy/sci-fi and I'm getting ready to start querying agents. I've completed a superhero-ish novel (in the vein of "Jessica Jones" or "Buffy") and I've read it so many times that I think it's time for me to finally try to do something with it. I thought joining here might finally give me the push to do so because I seem to keep holding myself back.

I've always loved to write but I mostly stopped doing it for a period after college and I didn't pick it up again until a few years ago.

I LOVE to beta read so I'm certainly willing to help anyone out with that.

Anyway, I really look forward to exploring this community and getting to know people. Thanks for having me!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We heard that rumor about you, Mike, but the news about a willing beta reader made us completely forget it. Clearly you're going to fit right in. Pleased to meet you!

Maryn, vacuuming the welcome mat and muttering about muddy boots

relletyrots

The One Who Tells The Story
Registered
Reaction score
My name is Michael and I'm very excited to become a part of this community. I write mostly fantasy/sci-fi and I'm getting ready to start querying agents. I've completed a superhero-ish novel (in the vein of "Jessica Jones" or "Buffy") and I've read it so many times that I think it's time for me to finally try to do something with it. I thought joining here might finally give me the push to do so because I seem to keep holding myself back.

Congrats on completing a novel! That's a huge step!

I've always loved to write but I mostly stopped doing it for a period after college and I didn't pick it up again until a few years ago.

It's never too late.

I LOVE to beta read so I'm certainly willing to help anyone out with that.

Oh, I like you already!

Anyway, I really look forward to exploring this community and getting to know people. Thanks for having me!

adparrish

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Michael,

I wish you the best of luck with your novel. I'm with you on the stopping writing after college. When I got my first job I stopped but I've never been able to stay away from it for to long.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So many rumors--so little time to gossip about 'em all, but I see the one about the astronaut :beam: trying to beam up an agent might have some validity.

Congrats on getting your novel polished enough. :greenie

:welcome:!

Jennie

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: and :applause: for finishing the novel and being ready to send it to agents.

You'll find plenty of support and help here.

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Best of luck on that novel, Michael, and welcome to AW!

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Good to meet you, Michael. And good luck with your submission. :welcome:

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Nice to meet you Michael. Best of luck with your queries.

Soliloquill

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: Congrats on your novel! In the beginning, it can be a lot to learn when it comes to querying agents and how to format letters, format manuscripts, writing query letters and synopses, but don't panic. You'll get there! And this website is a wonderful resource for all of those questions and curiosities. Best of luck to you :)