Hiring a Screenwriter questions

kimber9826

Registered
Reaction score
I have found screenwriter that I would like to hire to adapt my novel. However, I can't find any contracts for this type of agreement. He will be writing the screenplay and I don't mind him having a credit for writing it, however that is it.

Can anyone point to a contract that I can work from for the two us so I am fully covered?

Thanks in advance

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We don't give legal advice here, to protect the site's owner if it turns out to be bad advice.

Except for this advice: You need to have any contract you find reviewed by an attorney to be sure it protects your interests fully. It needs to cover all the what-if contingencies, from you changing your mind about this screenwriter to the screenwriter dropping dead or developing dementia before he or she is done, to disagreements about how it's going to missed deadlines, from non-payment to withholding the manuscript for more money.

editor17

Banned
Reaction score
you need a lawyer not something found on the net

I have found screenwriter that I would like to hire to adapt my novel. However, I can't find any contracts for this type of agreement. He will be writing the screenplay and I don't mind him having a credit for writing it, however that is it.

Can anyone point to a contract that I can work from for the two us so I am fully covered?

Thanks in advance

Try an IP lawyer.