(ANSWERED) Does anyone know the debut price of the U.S. Harry Potter Deathly Hallows book?

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
In the dust jackets (inside flaps), I see the following prices. Does anyone know the debut cost of Deathly Hallows U.S. version? Thanks!

Book 1: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone $22.99
Book 2: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets $22.99
Book 3: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban $22.99
Book 4: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire $29.99
Book 5: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix $29.99
Book 6: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince $29.99
Book 7: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows $??.??

Last edited:

novicewriter

Registered
Reaction score
I'm curious what this is for because even though the MSRPs on the U.S. Harry Potter books had those prices listed on the covers, most book sellers weren't selling them for those prices and fans weren't paying those amounts, but were buying them at discounted prices at several competing stores because everyone wanted the business, like Walmart and Sam's Club (for around $14.99 for the smaller books in the series to around $17.99 for the larger books in the later series), and Barnes & Noble and Books-A-Million (around $18.99+).

Last edited:

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
novicewriter: I consider these suggested retail prices; i.e. prices to make people think they are getting a great deal when they pay the actual prices at the aforementioned stores you named. TV shopping channels do this with every listing.

I will use this information for many things, but I am mostly interested in the psychological pricing element and possibly loss leaders (competing store prices).