Mueller indicts 12 more Russians/Indictment refers to an unnamed American co-conspirator

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Bone Spurs is now on record as trusting what Putin says above what his own intelligence agencies report.

Think about that for a minute.

Minute's up.

I don't think this "summit" meeting requires mich further analysis.

caw

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Today's news was oddly cheering. It was such a cartoonishly-obvious display of being in Putin's pockets that even Fox News was critical, and respected mainstream media outlets like the Boston Globe were printing words like "traitor" and "treason".

(I won't mention the GOP Big Names who criticized 45 today, because who cares what they say when they have the power but not the will to stop him?)

Frankly, we're lucky that Mango Mussolini is such a dolt. Someone bigly smarter would likely put on a better, more believable spin for the cameras. How did anyone ever mistake this guy for a "good businessman"? He couldn't sell cheap water in the Sahara.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Today's news was oddly cheering. It was such a cartoonishly-obvious display of being in Putin's pockets that even Fox News was critical, and respected mainstream media outlets like the Boston Globe were printing words like "traitor" and "treason".

(I won't mention the GOP Big Names who criticized 45 today, because who cares what they say when they have the power but not the will to stop him?)

Frankly, we're lucky that Mango Mussolini is such a dolt. Someone bigly smarter would likely put on a better, more believable spin for the cameras. How did anyone ever mistake this guy for a "good businessman"? He couldn't sell cheap water in the Sahara.

The problem is that people are conditioned to be easily fooled, to fill in the blanks as they submit to snake oil salesmen.

Trump is not and has never been competent. He has been shored up by an army of self-deluding enablers.

After he is gone those who elevated him and made him possible will still be with us.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
C-Span caller thanks Russia for interfering in election because Hillary has delusions of grandeur.

Link

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
I waited to make sure a photo I posted was verified as not photoshop, posted it directly from the 2017 source (New York Times) and am deleting until I check to make sure they identified the person correctly.

Last edited:

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Bone Spurs is now on record as trusting what Putin says above what his own intelligence agencies report.

The WH will spin it as a result of jet lag. That's what prevents him from walking 30 feet and take the podium when Sarah Sanders is in hot water because of his silly tweets.

-cb

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
No. This can't be blamed on an Ambien moment. It may wash with his base and Hannity but, like Steve Schmidt just said, so what? 40% (and that is generous) of the population isn't enough. More people want Trump out than want him to stumble on. He has gotten the Republicans the tax cut, the Supreme Court judge they wanted. Soon he will be more trouble than he is worth. They will have no problem turning on him and calling it patriotism. --s6

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
No. This can't be blamed on an Ambien moment. It may wash with his base and Hannity but, like Steve Schmidt just said, so what? 40% (and that is generous) of the population isn't enough. More people want Trump out than want him to stumble on. He has gotten the Republicans the tax cut, the Supreme Court judge they wanted. Soon he will be more trouble than he is worth. They will have no problem turning on him and calling it patriotism. --s6

I posted this in the Great Dictator thread:

In other words, our entire political system is built to give the Republican Party a series of advantages, even when they represent a minority of the public, as they now do. In some cases that’s by their design, and in some cases it’s a happy accident, but it all points in the same direction. And when Republicans have power, they work ceaselessly to make the system even less democratic and more rigged in their favor.

So every time the Supreme Court issues another ruling that cheers conservatives, whether it’s restricting reproductive rights or gutting campaign finance laws or undercutting environmental regulations, we should remember that it was made possible by a minority president with the aid of a minority Senate.

When he ran for president, Donald Trump told his voters that they were the victims of a rigged system. Nurture your rage, he urged them, and strike a blow against that system by voting for me. In truth, he was the product of the rigged system, not its enemy. So maybe it’s time for liberals to finally get angry about it.

It may not matter that the majority wants him out.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
No. Another chilling thought: If the Republicans needed Russian help to squeak through this election, what is going to stop them from enlisting the Russians again? There is a question about Kansas voting machines that has been buried by Kris Kobach --a right wing Republican that you need to google to believe. Simply put, an incredibly unpopular governor--Sam Brownback-- was losing the 2014 election in the eastern end of the state but suddenly the necessary votes came through from Western Kansas. One small prob--the back end of Kansas is empty. My county alone, is populated by not quite 4,000 people. We are not the smallest. Comanche, Lane, Wallace and Greely each have less than 1,500. The election was questioned by many. The most populous and most liberal counties, as well as a couple of the universities wanted an investigation. Kobach, when not being scolded by a federal judge for voter fraud shenanigans, has successfully blocked these investigations and is currently running for gov. as the CONSISTENT Conservative. I fear that it is too late for us but the rest of you should take note. --s6

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Paper. Ballots. Now.

We vote 100% by mail in the state of WA, so I can't do much advocating on this locally, but if I lived somewhere that relied on any voting machine tied to the internet, I would be pounding the election officials in my state/county/city for paper ballots. The ONLY way to ensure there is no actual vote manipulation is auditing, and the only way to audit is to have a paper trail.

Also, the GOP this morning is doing a collective throwing up of the hands so don't expect help from that side of the aisle. "What would you have us do?"

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
The WH will spin it as a result of jet lag. That's what prevents him from walking 30 feet and take the podium when Sarah Sanders is in hot water because of his silly tweets.

Sanders will now be tasked with some serious turd-polishing to parse what Trump said (and apparently did) in Helsinki. And in London.

caw

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Clearly ghost written.

And it doesn't really take anything back given he repeated his remarks in the Helsinki press conference in a dozen different ways and only took back one sentence.

Watch the various news media coverage, some will say Trump took it all back and some will say we aren't that stupid.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trump edited the remarks, adding "There was no collusion" and crossing out the line about bringing the hackers to justice.

Those say more than what came out of his mouth.

Link 1-Washington Post

Link-2- CNN

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There's a new kerfuffle. In an interview with Tucker Carlson last night Trump said Montenegro could be the cause of WWIII. Do you think Putin told him that in their secret meeting? I do. I doubt Trump knew jack about Montenegro before a couple days ago.

Here's the story: BBC: 'Stupid statements' - Trump WW3 jibe stuns Montenegro
'They're very aggressive'
In an interview with Fox News, Mr Trump suggested that this country of fewer than a million citizens could somehow provoke a global conflict. His reply to interviewer Tucker Carlson caused jaws to drop on the Adriatic coast.

"Let's say Montenegro, which joined last year, is attacked," Carlson told the president. "Why should my son go to Montenegro to defend it from attack?"

He was referring to Article 5 of the Nato founding treaty , which sees an attack on one member as an attack on all. Mr Trump understood his point.

"They're very strong people, they're very aggressive people. They may get aggressive and, congratulations, you're in World War Three," Mr Trump extemporised.

Article 5 has been invoked just once, by the US, after the attacks of 11 September 2001.

Boris Raonic, programme director at the Civic Alliance human rights organisation, was among those who could barely believe what they were hearing.
Tucker and Trump talked about why the US would not want to send soldiers to fight for those people.

This from the POTUS who claims looking weak was a serious problem.

Think Putin isn't looking at more aggression toward his neighbors?

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
It is astonishing to see Americans who call themselves patriots (as I'm sure Carlson would) asking "why should my son go to fight for Montenegro?"

The NATO alliance has kept Americans from having to fight for Montenegro, and Poland, and Greece, as well as France, Italy, Germany and the UK. Having a united front in Europe has given the US a "Pax Americana" that has lasted 70 years, granting stable markets, friendly governments and the defeat of the Soviet Union.

Apparently they have no problem with murderous dictators stomping through Europe, as long as they're not communist murderous dictators.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
There's a new kerfuffle. In an interview with Tucker Carlson last night Trump said Montenegro could be the cause of WWIII. Do you think Putin told him that in their secret meeting? I do. I doubt Trump knew jack about Montenegro before a couple days ago.

Here's the story: BBC: 'Stupid statements' - Trump WW3 jibe stuns MontenegroTucker and Trump talked about why the US would not want to send soldiers to fight for those people.

This from the POTUS who claims looking weak was a serious problem.

Think Putin isn't looking at more aggression toward his neighbors?

Putin already has form in Montenegro https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...erthrow-montenegros-government-assassinating/