Mueller indicts 12 more Russians/Indictment refers to an unnamed American co-conspirator

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Could be more than one unnamed American co-conspirator I'm still reading the indictment.

One reason not to name said American is that person is still being investigated and could be indicted in the future. CNN and MSNBC are suggesting that person is Roger Stone. Stone denies it.

An unnamed 'organization' is cited that has to be Wikileaks.

This suggests there are direct ties between Wikileaks' posting the hacked Podesta and DNC emails and the Trump campaign.

It's also suggested someone other than the Russians sorted the emails, choosing which ones to post.

Last edited:

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Just as Trump meets Putin.

Just as the GOP is pouncing on the FBI instead of securing the next election cycle.

Love Mueller's timing.

-cb

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

From Seth:
23/ The indictment makes clear the *latest* the attack started was March '16—right as it was clear Trump would be the nominee, and as new Trump hire and direct/indirect Putin agent Manafort began hiring the men (Page and Papadopoulos) who'd act as intermediaries with the Kremlin.

24/ No investigator would find it random that Trump's pro-Putin Campaign Manager started hiring Trump-Russia intermediaries right as the Kremlin was launching the cyberattack whose fruits it'd try to give to the Trump campaign as part of talks with those very same intermediaries.

26/ The day the Russians stole 50,000 emails from Clinton's Campaign Chairman was the day Trump announced George Papadopoulos as a member of his national security team. 10 days later Papadopoulos would—face to face with Trump at the TIHDC—tell Trump he was a Kremlin intermediary.
So Papadopoulos, who is cooperating connects Trump to Putin.
Trump offers Russia a "good deal" on sanctions at the Mayflower (with Kislyak in the front row as a VIP)

Time to start naming the co-conspirators in Congress.

Last edited:

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
Dan Coats, the top US intelligence officer says that the warning lights that we are under cyberattack daily from Russia are "blinking red," in the same way they were before 9/11.

He is a staunch Republican appointed by Trump. Who insisted on meeting Putin, the one person he won't insult or even criticize, without any witnesses from the US, the country he's supposed to protect from enemies like Russia. Let's not forget, Trump already gave classified information to Russian officials in the Oval Office.

At this point, it is my opinion that anyone who doesn't believe Trump is complicit doesn't want to. Or believes it and is compromised

I added a few names to my list of GOP legislators I suspect are compromised yesterday watching the Strzok hearing. Those who had the worst meltdowns anytime Russia was mentioned made the list.

Intel official: Cyber threat warnings ‘blinking red’

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here's possibly the most interesting thing about the indictments today and it's a case of cause and effect:
On the very same day in 2016 that Donald Trump urged Russia to find Hillary Clinton’s missing emails, Russian intelligence officers launched a new attack to hack his opponent’s personal emails, according to the latest indictments from special counsel Robert Mueller.

It is maybe the most eyebrow-raising detail in an indictment filled with them. Mueller on Friday indicted 12 Russian intelligence officers for crimes related to the hacking and public release of Democratic emails to influence the 2016 presidential campaign.

To be clear, the Russian hacking of people close to Clinton didn’t start on July 27, 2016, when Trump stood before the whole world and said he hoped Russia would “find the 30,000 emails that are missing ... I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

Emails from the Democratic National Committee had already been hacked and leaked, and we would later learn that Clinton campaign chair John Podesta’s email account had already been compromised. As Vox’s Andrew Prokop has previously explained, the email phishing expeditions against Democrats were already well underway by March 2016. That’s around the time that Podesta’s emails, which would play such a prominent role in the final months of the campaign, were infiltrated.

So Trump’s comments can’t be claimed as the start of Russia’s digital attacks against American political parties and figures. But the timing is nevertheless uncanny. On July 27, Trump calls for Russia to find Clinton’s missing emails. That same day — “after hours” as the indictment notes, which strongly suggests this was after Trump’s statement — the hackers go after Clinton’s personal email.

Merely a coincidence and it means nothing, right, Faux News suckers/watchers? :e2hammer: Fake-ass news, right? Bullshit. You'd have to be a Trump supporter or stuck on stupid to think any such thing, but I repeat myself.

Bottom Line: When it comes to collusion with a hostile foreign power to influence the 2016 Presidential Election THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES.

No wonder the troglodyte brigade tin the House that laughingly calls itself the Freedom Caucus may file impeachment charges against Rod Rosenstein next week. Shit's getting hot, the cops are sniffing around and time for the flunkies to lay down to protect da' boss.

Get'cher popcorn ready. :popcorn:

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
No wonder the troglodyte brigade tin the House that laughingly calls itself the Freedom Caucus may file impeachment charges against Rod Rosenstein next week.

Right. That is a mighty priority over putting measures in place to protect the upcoming November elections.

-cb

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Right. That is a mighty priority over putting measures in place to protect the upcoming November elections.

-cb

If only they would put in a hundredth of the diligence and vigor with which they spent the last twenty years attacking (mythic) voter fraud in the name of honest elections. A thousandth, even.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's being overlooked that more than a few of the current legislators are involved here. They have taken campaign money from Russian sources (some laundered via the NRA) but some not so indirectly.

Daily Kos: New indictments show Russian hacking effort was large, intense, sustained—and GOP supported
The charges brought from the Grand Jury to federal court on Friday for the first time directly implicate the Russian government, not just Russian companies and individuals, in a conspiracy to interfere in a United States election. This may not seem like news, considering that this has been the expressed analysis of the FBI, CIA, NSA and other intelligence agencies since before Trump took office. However, the indictments show that this evidence has been collected with the detail and confidence required to move forward in a court of law. That’s a big thing. It not only provides a kick to the teeth for those who, like Trump, were still mouthing Russian denials, it lays a foundation for adding additional names and organizations to that conspiracy.

(GRU), the main foreign intelligence agency of the Russian government, were directly dedicated to stealing information from the Democratic Party and the Hilary Clinton campaign. And, as the indictments make clear, that effort was not a single incident or dependent on some momentary lapse in security by the DNC. It was a dedicated effort, by professional intelligence operatives, using a variety of techniques from spearfishing to malware to more direct network intrusion in order to gain access to systems, steal information, capture screenshots, and plant spyware that monitored Democratic actions on a keystroke by keystroke level over an extended period. This was an intense, prolonged effort to obtain information about an American presidential candidate and about the actions of an American political party. Despite efforts to protect and cleanse systems, Russia was still tapping into DNC computers up to within a month of the election. Russians even managed to access information and services hosted on supposedly highly-secure, cloud-based servers from a third party provider.

A second unit of the GRU was positioned to disseminate this information. That including creating false organizations, like DC leaks, and false identities, like Guccifer 2.0, in order to communicate under the pretense of being “whistleblowers” or “individual hackers.” These false fronts allowed Americans, either unknowingly or knowingly, to communicate directly with Russian intelligence, and to conspire in the effort to alter the outcome of American election. That includes people like Republican strategist Aaron Nevins, who worked with Russian forces to better exploit the results of their cyberwar intrusion. And it includes Trump advisor Roger Stone, who has repeatedly lied about his meetings with Wikileaks and his conversations with the Russian operatives. And it definitely includes this other guy, whose timing when it came to Russian operations seemed to be unusually good....

Nevins: Basically if this was a war, this is the map to where all the troops are deployed.

Nevins, the former chief of staff for a Republican senator in Florida and head of a pair of GOP consulting firms, made sure the Russians found that map and recognized its value—while also saying that he didn’t care if it was the Russians, because “their interests aligned.” That information allowed both Republicans (and Russians working for another division of the GRU) to target advertising and other actions directly to the points which Democrats had already identified as the most important.

From the indictment:
43. b. On or about August 22, 2016, the conspirators, posing as Guccifer 2.0, transferred approximately 2.5 gigabytes of data stolen from the DCCC to a then-registered state lobbyist and on-line source of political news. The stolen data included donor records and personal identifying documents for 2,000 Democratic donors.
Not coincidentally, Aaron Nevins was one of the witnesses who Adam Schiff had asked to testify before the House Intelligence Committee. Republicans blocked his appearance.
Now why would the House Republicans block that testimony?

43. a. On or about August 15, 2016, the Conspirators, posing as Guccifer 2.0, received a request for stolen documents from a candidate for the US congress. The Conspirators responded using the Guccifer 2.0 persona, and sent the candidate stolen documents related to the candidate’s opponent....​

Widespread speculation suggests that this candidate was Florida Republican Matt Gaetz.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
US intelligence chief: 'The warning lights are blinking red again' on cyberattacks

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/14/politics/director-of-national-intelligence-dan-coats-cyberattacks-russia/index.html

Coats referred to the indictments and alluded to upcoming election threats, but said "focusing on the potential impact of these actions, on our midterm election, misses the more important point: These actions are persistent, they're pervasive, and they are meant to undermine America's democracy on a daily basis, regardless of whether it is election time or not.

Now. About Benghazi.

-cb

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And there are these legislators who went directly to Moscow recently:

Tweet with citation:
Predictably, the Russians are gloating over the fact that GOP lawmakers met with their Russian counterparts in a secret room.
@SenJohnKennedy (LA)
@SenShelby (AL)
@SteveDaines (MT)
@SenJohnHoeven (ND)
@SenJohnThune (SD)
@JerryMoran (KS)
@RepKayGranger (TX)
@SenRonJohnson (WI)

Follow the PAC money: Super PAC Connected To Paul Ryan Used Russian Material Against Dem. House Candidates

Maybe some of you remember this hot mic incident:
“I’ll guarantee you that’s what it is…The Russians hacked the DNC and got the opp [opposition] research that they had on Trump,” McCarthy said with a laugh.

Ryan asked who the Russians “delivered” the opposition research to.

“There’s… there’s two people, I think, Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump,” McCarthy said, drawing some laughter. “Swear to God,” McCarthy added.

“This is an off the record,” Ryan said."
Ryan shushed them immediately.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Spurs has responded to these new indictments by saying that the alleged activities took place during the Obama Administration, not during his administration. Which is totally irrelevant and yet another good example of his crude use of deflection. When they happened is utterly unimportant. That they happened, and who is involved, that's what matters. Hopefully Mueller has protected the documentation leading to these indictments in a very secure way.

caw

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Spurs has responded to these new indictments by saying that the alleged activities took place during the Obama Administration, not during his administration. Which is totally irrelevant and yet another good example of his crude use of deflection. When they happened is utterly unimportant. That they happened, and who is involved, that's what matters. Hopefully Mueller has protected the documentation leading to these indictments in a very secure way.

caw

Another point to keep in mind, Trump blames Obama, not Putin. And the news media here hasn't yet pointed that out. They have talked about both separately, but not connected them pointing out the glaring problem.

Last edited:

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
Trump tweeted:

Our relationship with Russia has NEVER been worse thanks to many years of U.S. foolishness and stupidity and now, the Rigged Witch Hunt!

All our problems with Russia are the our fault. How did that kind of BS get normalized so quickly? I know his base eats it up, but at some point, they must have known Putin is a murderous dictator who does not have our best interests at heart, right?

Trump sits down with Putin after denouncing past U.S. policy on Russia

Trump opened the meeting with warm words for Putin, seated next to the Russian leader in an ornate presidential palace in neutral Finland, and said it was a longstanding goal of his to improve the relationship between the two countries.

“I think we will have an extraordinary relationship. I hope so. I’ve been saying it, and I’m sure you’ve heard over the years, and as I campaigned, that getting along with Russia is good thing, not a bad thing,” he said.

And that seems to be the only relationship he cares about. This days after even his own intelligence chief said, ""What's serious about the Russians is their intent. They have capabilities, but it's their intent to undermine our basic values, undermine democracy, create wedges between us and our allies." And days after the indictments. This just what's happening out in the open.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Trump is clearly no master mind, just as he clearly is not a successful businessman, clearly does not love women, clearly is a liar. I am looking for the folks behind Trump who continue to support him as his lies unravel. I am hoping it is too late for them to just jump ship but clearly, they, like rats, are survivors. --s6

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trey Gowdy won't support impeachment of Rosenstein, admitting there isn't enough support. He does say however, that Trump can fire Rosenstein with a tweet.

This is a government, it's a kakistocracy

Link

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm floored by this press conference.

Trump: the emails, the DNC servers, no collusion, Putin is our friend, Peter Strzok, witch hunt

If the GOP legislators stand by Trump's gaslighting after the last indictments and this press conference, the voters better stand up or we're doomed.

Anderson Cooper just called Trump disgraceful.

Fox is calling the press conference "interesting".

Last edited:

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, yeah, I blame every Republican legislator. I wish the Democrats were doing more, but there isn't much else they CAN do.

And this just happened:
Holy cow. Asked DIRECTLY by @JonLemire whether he would denounce Russian interference and ask him to never do it again, Trump starts talking about the DNC server.
"I don't see any reason why it would be [Russia], I really want to see the server."

I suddenly saw a lot of tweets using the word "treason" hit my timeline, from people who have not used that word. I know why now. And the GOP is complicit. Whether it's party over country, or their own greed and fear over country, they're complicit.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fox News: Praising reducing the tension, claim Trump didn't want to mess up the progress that's been made in their relationship.

Fox: They claim Trump is on one level and all the screws turning are on another level, it makes perfect sense to them.

They suggest Putin's comments meant Trump had been tough in the secret meeting.

They're choking on Fox.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Trump tweeted:

All our problems with Russia are the our fault. How did that kind of BS get normalized so quickly? I know his base eats it up, but at some point, they must have known Putin is a murderous dictator who does not have our best interests at heart, right?

This is what is driving me crazy. How can any US citizen think this is all okay? Can't they see that 45 is just opening the gate for awful things to happen and burning bridges with our allies, leaving those of us who did NOT vote for 45, us in the MAJORITY, stuck on a sinking ship.

Sorry for all those cliches in one sentence, but dammit this is what's happening.

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Best 90 minutes The Beast has ever spent, polishing up His Prophet's lies.

Their faces when they came back to the press told the whole story.

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
John Brennan, former CIA Director, who describes himself on Twitter as a "non-partisan American who is very concerned about our collective future," wrote
Donald Trump’s press conference performance in Helsinki rises to & exceeds the threshold of “high crimes & misdemeanors.” It was nothing short of treasonous. Not only were Trump’s comments imbecilic, he is wholly in the pocket of Putin. Republican Patriots: Where are you???

As I said, people who have been very careful not to cry "treason," who have explained why this or that isn't grounds for impeachment or doesn't rise to the level of treason are screaming "Treason" right now. What Alpha Echo said above is where I am. I now there are bots, but there are also sitting GOP senators and representatives who are letting this all happen. They can't all be so stupid they think they'll be all right when our system of government fails and we have allies except...well, Russia won't be our ally. We will have no allies. I believe some don't want to to go prison for whatever the Russians have on them, but they have to have some sense of history. You don't win when you side with the Nazis and dictators. Not even when they're in power and you're their toady.

Watching the GOP meltdowns over any mention of Russia during the Strzok hearings, I added to my list of those Russians must have something on. One of them, Trey Gowdy, said yesterday that the Russians did attack this country and that the Mueller investigation is not a witch hunt. Wow, he said some words. And it's good to get them on record. But I'd be surprised to see more from him. That's precious little, but they're just letting it all happen.