Bone Spurs in Europe

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
I hesitated to start a new thread centered on YouKnowWho, but it just gets inevitable after a while. So, for all you Europeans out there, Spurs has made pellucidly clear what he is all about. First, on Boris Johnson:

Trump said that former foreign secretary Boris Johnson would make a "great prime minister", adding "I think he's got what it takes".

Then, in a truly breathtaking revelation of his arrogance:

He also said he had told Mrs May how to do a Brexit deal, but: "She didn't agree, she didn't listen to me."
"I told her how to do it. That will be up to her to say. But I told her how to do it. She wanted to go a different route," he said.

That, in distilled essence, is what he is all about. He tells people what to do, expects them to obey, and will retaliate and punish them if they don't. He has become even scarier than I thought he would be over the past year. He cozies up to Kim Jong-Un and Vladimir Putin, and insults and belittles Angel Merkl and Teresa May and other long-time allies and friends, who do not subscribe to his authoritarian instincts. Be ready for much worse from him, because I think it's already on the way.

caw

Last edited:

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
Can't wait for the arsehole to piss off home.

No one in our UK government has figured out it is pointless trying to do a deal with the orange wonder. He's too stupid to understand the realities of trade and security, and is instead getting his kicks out of undermining Theresa May, who showed him her cards. Orange wonder senses her desperation and can't resist going in for the kill.

I despair of all of our politicians, but the orange one is making me feel sorry for her. Considering how much I detest Tories, that's quite some trick.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
He's too stupid to understand the realities of trade and security,

There's a mantra widely expressed here in the U.S., even among some "liberals", that Trump isn't stupid, that he's really very smart, and his wealth proves that. It is merde de boeuf. He is really a very very, tremendously, tremendously, incredibly stupid man. He may be shrewd, in a crude kind of way, and in a limited vector of activity, but he is really . . . . just stupid. He has spent his entire life in denial of knowledge that didn't fit his preconceived views of himself as a god, higher than other mortals, and it has truncated his ability to learn, to actually understand stuff, if he ever had the capacity to do so (which I doubt).

And, now, he's in charge of the most dangerous toys on the planet. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

caw

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Can't wait for the arsehole to piss off home.

No one in our UK government has figured out it is pointless trying to do a deal with the orange wonder. He's too stupid to understand the realities of trade and security, and is instead getting his kicks out of undermining Theresa May, who showed him her cards. Orange wonder senses her desperation and can't resist going in for the kill.

Huh. It's almost like he set out on this trip to deliberately throw allies and whole governments into chaos with every word, weakening traditional Western unity, which would provide openings for some other power to continue its aggression and expansion.

Can't imagine why that would be, or who might benefit, but maybe I'm putin too much thought into this.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I have yet to meet anyone in my super liberal big city who thinks Trump is anything but a stupid, deluded buffoon. Then again, we're well familiar with him and his antics.

The level of hubris coupled with delusion is kind of amazing. I keep wondering if he's aware he's just lying, perpetually, or if he's so far gone he honestly believes like, the people in a room with him, who did not and would not agree to immediately double spending goals they agreed to in writing four years ago (that have a deadline six years hence), just... actually agreed to double spending goals? It's bizarre.

Also, why can no one seem to get through to him what NATO is and how it works. No one owes the U.S. money. Other countries spending more does not equal the U.S. getting anything. It's not dues, or rent, it's their OWN internal budget allocation. It's just... how does he STILL not get that?

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Fun fact: Trump's mother was from the Outer Hebrides, and grew up speaking Gaelic. I hope he gets a chance to visit there, and stay for their lovely Wicker Man ceremony.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Also, why can no one seem to get through to him what NATO is and how it works. No one owes the U.S. money. Other countries spending more does not equal the U.S. getting anything. It's not dues, or rent, it's their OWN internal budget allocation. It's just... how does he STILL not get that?

Because he does not want to get that. This man is utterly immune to external information he does not choose to hear. Others have pointed out how he appears to have a zero-sum mentality, as well: he cannot conceive of mutually beneficial alliances because that means there is no loser and no winner. Getting through to him is simply not an option.

Fun fact: Trump's mother was from the Outer Hebrides, and grew up speaking Gaelic. I hope he gets a chance to visit there, and stay for their lovely Wicker Man ceremony.

Oh, we can only hope...

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
The imbecile doesn't seem to know how NATO responded on 12 September 2001.

I can't imagine he cares.

For all his wrecking ball antics and burning hatred internationally, I fell there isn't the anger towards 'Muricans in general that there was in the Bush days. I mean...there's a lot of anger, but it's directly differently. There's more of the sense that we're all being dragged down to hell together, and if Trump is a uniquely American phenomenon, what he represents isn't.

I hope to god the Queen gives him the Windsor eye and only grunts at him.

I have a good joke about this, but I shouldn't try to yuk it up in the thread. More seriously, we'll likely never know what she says to him, and that is going to drive me crazy the rest of my life.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score

Isn't that the only time it has -- or formally has or something?

Nevermind how many nations' troops are on missions from our asinine warmongering.

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
I despair of all of our politicians, but the orange one is making me feel sorry for her. Considering how much I detest Tories, that's quite some trick.

Same here! He's even making me say things like "at least Thatcher didn't..." "at least Thatcher wasn't..."

US people on this thread, it's hard to explain how much many working class Brits hated Thatcher. But I'll try. You know when everyone sang "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead"? That wasn't satire. It was heartfelt. And quite possibly much too kind. She was more like Sauron.

And yet, Trump's managed to give me a whole new appreciation for Thatcher... 'cause, you know, at least she knew how to do international trade and stuff...

There's a mantra widely expressed here in the U.S., even among some "liberals", that Trump isn't stupid, that he's really very smart, and his wealth proves that. It is merde de boeuf. He is really a very very, tremendously, tremendously, incredibly stupid man. He may be shrewd, in a crude kind of way, and in a limited vector of activity, but he is really . . . . just stupid. He has spent his entire life in denial of knowledge that didn't fit his preconceived views of himself as a god, higher than other mortals, and it has truncated his ability to learn, to actually understand stuff, if he ever had the capacity to do so (which I doubt).

I agree.

He may have been born with the capacity to learn stuff, but he's spent his whole life with people letting him be the big bully and afraid to stand up to him, and it's too late for him to learn any other way to be. When he was at school, were his parents the type that would threaten to sue the school every time they tried to discipline him or do anything about him being a bully? It's like no-one's ever said "no" to him in his whole entire life.

Huh. It's almost like he set out on this trip to deliberately throw allies and whole governments into chaos with every word, weakening traditional Western unity, which would provide openings for some other power to continue its aggression and expansion.

Can't imagine why that would be, or who might benefit, but maybe I'm putin too much thought into this.

That's also what I was thinking. His actions are weakening the US's global position, pissing off all their allies. Brexit weakens both the UK and the EU, and now Trump's trampling in trying to make sure the UK and EU aren't going to get a good deal. He's near enough saying that if the UK gets a good deal with the EU it can forget a trade deal with the USA... making the UK choose between them. If it was me, I'd go for the EU trade deal just to spite him, and strengthen ties and deals with all the commonwealth countries especially Canada, and make deals with Mexico. Then when the USA gets a new president, make USA trade deals then. In the meantime, the USA will suffer more from the lack of allies and trade deals than everyone else will.

I would feel bad for everyone in the USA who didn't vote for him though.

On another thread about the USA's banks not being customer friendly at all and how hard it is to change banks, or even just get your own money out of your account without going into a branch, etc, someone said that Trump was trying to undo all the banking changes that were introduced since the financial crisis. I was shocked, having had a load of training about the new regulations and why they're necessary (I work in the financial sector) - my first reaction was "WTF, is he trying to make the economy collapse?"

I don't trust Putin an inch. It wouldn't surprise me if he was manipulating Trump into doing all this. But it also wouldn't surprise me if Trump was doing the whole lot of his own accord because he's a stubborn idiot who's not capable of listening to anyone other than his own grossly inflated ego, and Putin's just watching him and laughing. Whatever way you look at it, Trump's weakening the USA's position in the global economy. He thinks he's being the hard man and getting good deals but he's not.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
He should be easy to trick. "It's the biggest, the best, the finest Wicker Man we've ever built, and we'd appreciate it so much if you'd just step inside and give us your opinion." Then, torches away!
Once again, Scotland saves the day!

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The excerpts from the Sun interview are...something else. o_O
The irony of the National Enquirer format... my head's exploding.

She just might: That Time Badass Feminist Queen Elizabeth II Gave Saudi Arabia’s King a Lesson in Power
The royal Land Rovers were drawn up in front of the castle. As instructed, the Crown Prince climbed into the front seat of the Land Rover, with his interpreter in the seat behind. To his surprise, the Queen climbed into the driving seat, turned the ignition and drove off. Women are not—yet—allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia, and Abdullah was not used to being driven by a woman, let alone a queen. His nervousness only increased as the queen, an Army driver in wartime, accelerated the Land Rover along the narrow Scottish estate roads, talking all the time. Through his interpreter, the Crown Prince implored the Queen to slow down and concentrate on the road ahead.
Who knew? :ROFL:

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
I'm holding with my original hope: that The Hair That Roared says something inappropriate to the Queen or one of the daughters-in-law, and Prince Philip punches him. He may be old and infirm, but he's got at least one punch left in him, and a reputation that says diplomacy isn't his strong suit.
For Queen and country, sir!
(Oh, and on camera, of course, so that it can be replayed again, and again, and again.)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

That, in distilled essence, is what he is all about. He tells people what to do, expects them to obey, and will retaliate and punish them if they don't. He has become even scarier than I thought he would be over the past year. He cozies up to Kim Jong-Un and Vladimir Putin, and insults and belittles Angel Merkl and Teresa May and other long-time allies and friends, who do not subscribe to his authoritarian instincts. Be ready for much worse from him, because I think it's already on the way.

caw

It's how he has lived his life for decades in that gilded, golden tower. He only surrounds himself with sycophants, who give him the echo chamber he wants and needs. If anyone speaks up, or back to him, he rages, rants, attacks and sues them into submission.

Well, he is boon buddies with Giuliani, who insists the US never suffered a terrorist attack on US soil while a Republican was president. And of course that Hillary never went to Ground Zero.

Obviously they have similar memories of US history.

Last edited:

Teinz

Back at it again.
Registered
Reaction score
Trumps acts the way he does, and says the things he's saying, because they work well.... with his base. A whole swath of the American population that wishes to see the world collapse and burn to assuage their own anguish. Facts don't matter, nor does civility. All that matters is; they're hurting, and they want to see other people in pain aswell.

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Alas, don't you need a virgin for that...?