Quote Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
You said above it's 75% written, but here you say the beats are outlined in your head.

If you haven't actually written anything.... start writing something. I've not seen a movie script marketed as a novel and I don't know why one would be -- I don't think most people want to read a script. They tend to want to see a film or read a book (or a graphic novel) or both. There are certainly scripts sold, of stage plays, but they're scripts of stage plays.
When I say 75% written I don't mean 75% laid out and ready to start writing, I mean 75% WRITTEN. Like the actual words of the first draft are in a doc.

And I wouldn't market this as a novel. It's too short. I was thinking something in the online space - maybe some kind of literary magazine that's a little more "out there" with formatting and humor. Or maybe just post it to my blog, promo on Twitter and be done with it, move on to my next project and revisit once I have some space from the whole thing.

Now I'm at the point where I'm nearing the end of my first draft and I'm having trouble figuring out what to do with this weird little story I wrote that I really like but don't know what to do with.