If you believe there is a great story to tell, I say write on. Focus on "Destiny's Arrival." Perhaps I'm misreading your words or assuming incorrectly (and for that I apologize in advance), but it sounds to me like you're doubting your story. I say this because in the earlier/formative drafts of my current WIP I too struggled to connect with my characters, my world as well. The spirit of the idea that captivated me with possibility before I began writing wasn't manifesting in those earlier drafts. Thus, because of this, I was pulled to other ideas for other novels, or I just gave up (twice, in fact). But in both occasions I came back to my WIP. I'm grateful for this because now I can connect with both my characters and their world.

The way I see it in life is that, once it gets going a bit rough, because the luster of your original vision has been diluted by results that aren't meeting your expectations, then your mind starts wondering for a way out. It starts exploring other ideas that become captivating in relation to your current idea, which has begun to fall out of favor. I see this with my mother's boyfriend all the time. He sets his mind on a singular idea, but after he starts working away at it, and he begins to realize that it's not going how he had planned it or envisioned it, he starts exploring other opportunities, which eventually he gives in to their temptation and moves on. He doesn't stick with a single thing, but bounces around from one thing to another. It becomes cyclic. Thus it becomes a bad habit.

I'm not meaning to imply this is you or is becoming you, I'm just using it as an analogy: it's way too easy to move on rather than commit to completion. Commitment takes faith, understanding and an earnest attempt to both improve and learn. The best thing about it is that it gives you confidence that, though your idea may not be to your liking at first, if you stick with it, you will create a product that you're proud of. But if you begin to go from one idea to the next, well, if you're not careful, this could spin out of control. Then you're sabotaging yourself and you're not even aware of it. Who's to say you'll come back to it at a later date? Who would hold you accountable to that?

You're on your third draft, and maybe you see that as growing evidence that with those number of drafts already and your story still isn't to your satisfaction, it's time to explore other options. But three drafts in to my current WIP and I wasn't satisfied with it either. I'm probably on my seventh or eighth draft now, where at long last I have the fullest amount of faith in. After the third draft I rewrote the story in its entirety. I also did some major revising at least twice thereafter. By the time I publish this thing I'll have spent nearly or at a decade on it. Just to get to my silver lining.

But through this process it's taught me the value of endurance/dedication/commitment: stay faithful to one thing, one idea, and behind earnest effort good things will come. So that's why I say stick to your "Destiny's Arrival." However, it's your decision. Do whatever you think best.