Hi! Reader/writer of LGBT fiction, contemporary fantasy, and other weird things.

divingbird

Registered
Reaction score
Hellooo.

My name is Anna! I'm in my mid-20s, live in New England, and have been pursuing writing seriously for about a year, though I've always written on-and-off and always loved stories. I'm excited to join here! Both for the community aspect and to get some feedback on my work down the road. Though I love editing, so I'll probably be poking around and doing that too.

I mostly write LGBT fiction, along with contemporary fantasy, which always bleeds into everything I write. I can't really think of a good reason why I'm so interested in LGBT fiction, except maybe that I'm gay (wow, original) and a lot of my friends fall under various LGBT labels, so those are the types of stories I default to, care about, and want to tell. Other than that, I've always loved weird animal fiction (like Watership Down), so there's my fun fact.

I'm currently working on my first novel which is, really generally, about love — but it's set in the '80s and has a lot of crime in it. My next one's going to be about hate (then eventually about love again) and it sounds a lot more fun to write at the moment, but I know that's a demon talking.

During the day I design and code websites.

I have a cat named Mina. She is trying to lick me right now.

That's about everything important! Excited to meet people!

csteffoz

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I'm also in the LGBT community, a gay dude in NYC. Your stories sound interesting and your cat sounds lovely.

I like fantasy stuff, and weird stuff too!

PhoenixFlower

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, Anna!

Welcome to AW. I love reading Fantasy and anything with LGBTQ characters can spark my interests.

:welcome:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Lakey

professional dilettante
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome. :) Glad you’re here. I’m also writing a first novel - I wanted to say my story is about love, too, but it’s as much about desire and duty as it is about love; it’s set among a group of lesbians in the McCarthy era. And I also have cats, and I’m also in New England. I’ve learned a tremendous amount here and had a great time talking process and ideas in this community. Looking forward to seeing you around.

Heskett

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW!

And an old professor once taught me to write what you know or what you're interested in. The reader can tell if you're faking it.

So don't even question why you're writing LBGT stuff and just let it flow! :)

divingbird

Registered
Reaction score
I don't really know how to reply to specific people so thanks everyone for welcoming me! Those of you who have similar interests to me, I look forward to reading your stuff!

Last edited:

Jennie

Registered
Reaction score
Hi and :welcome:

I also write stories with many LGBT characters in a SF environment. AW is a very friendly place to meet fellow writers. I'm new, like you, and it's just great to explore the many threads and subjects.

Enjoy!

Soliloquill

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: I love weird stuff and diverse writing! I'm new to the site as well :)

amaikaorii

Registered
Reaction score
hi there!

My first novel which I'm hoping to get out there in the world is also contemporary fantasy with LGBTQ elements! Nice to meet you!

crybaby

Registered
Reaction score
nice to see another LGBT+ fantasy writer! I'm trying to write my queer characters in a story without romance or sexuality as a theme tho, so I'm more in the fantasy aspect :O shoutout to your cat!

JakeSTamer

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the AW. I write LGBT as well, and I'm also working on my first novel.

tom.gtm

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there! Your work is the kind of thing I like to read, and sounds like what I like to write also. The 80s setting of your novel sounds fun!

EmmaSkysong

Registered
Reaction score
My next one's going to be about hate (then eventually about love again) and it sounds a lot more fun to write at the moment, but I know that's a demon talking.

Oh yes, I can relate to that demon! :roll:

Welcome to AW! :welcome:

musicblind

May Cause Damage
Registered
Reaction score
Yes! Another LGBT writer. I was scrolling back to see how many other newbie LGBT writers were here!

I would say welcome, but I'm so new here, it's probably best to let others say it.