Travis Pastrana Attempts 3 Jumps Evel Knievel Performed on TV Tonight

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
https://nitrocircus.com/evel-live/

To honor Evel Knievel, who passed in 2007, Travis will perform three of Evel's motorcycle stunts on the History Channel (American TV network) tonight. He will perform the jumps on a bike similar to what Evel used during the original jumps. Evel ended up in a coma for 29 days after crashing on the Caesar's jump. All three on one night, tonight.

Anyone going to watch this? Any comments of him doing these stunts?

Caesar's Palace Fountain Jump
Greyhound Bus Jump
Crushed Car Jump

My local time has the coverage from 6 PM - 9 PM MST. Check your local listings.

History on Travis....

In 2006, Travis became the first to perform a double backflip on a motorbike. Someone successfully landed a triple backflip since (and other people performed a quadruple backflip and a triple forward flip on bicycles).

Evel's Caesar's Stunt (NYE 1967) that landed him in the hospital till Feb 12, 1968.

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm wondering/worrying about the escalation...if he succeeds, will he then be pushed into attempting the Snake River Canyon jump?

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I'm thinking if he's crazy enough to attempt Evel's first 3, then he's crazy enough to attempt the canyon. I remember seeing Evel's Ceasars jump on television when it happened. I don't remember if it was live though - may have been on Wide World of Sports.

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Caesar's Palace Fountain Jump (149 feet)
Greyhound Bus Jump (192 feet)
Crushed Car Jump (143 feet)
Total: 484 feet

He landed all three successfully. He cleared 16 buses that are now each built a half a foot taller and a half a foot wider. He has a lot Evel never had: engineers; hi-tech equipment; state-of-the-art facilities to train. Still, he did very good. Very fun to watch.

I think he paid tribute to Evel very well.

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
As an aside (not trying to hijack the thread), a correction, and a little piece of history:

The correct spelling of the hotel is "Caesars" Palace - with no apostrophe (it's plural, not possessive.)

The idea behind it is that Jay Sarno, the founder, wanted guests to feel that they were all Caesars, and be treated as such.

I discovered this fact when staying there many years ago; a hotel employee explained it to me when questioned.

'The Missing Apostrophe Cocktail Is Inspired by Caesars Palace Lore.'

There’s a perfectly good explanation as to why Caesars Palace lacks an apostrophe. It’s not a grammar oversight, but rather an omission made with an eye toward guest satisfaction. Founder Jay Sarno cleverly removed the apostrophe from “Caesar’s Palace” to suggest there was not “one” Caesar but that every guest would be treated like an emperor.