AW Amazon Affiliate Store

MiblArt offers book cover design services for self-published authors and publishing companies.

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

View Poll Results: What is your daily quota?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Word Limit

17 77.27%
  • Time Limit

1 4.55%
  • Page Limit

0 0%
  • Varies

4 18.18%

Thread: What is your daily word count/quota?

Threaded View

practical experience, FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielSTJ View Post
    I'm trying to figure out when to put aside work. I vary in intensity and am trying to find out what is an ideal writing goal per day. For this reason, fellow AWers, I ask for your input. Do you have a set time? Number of pages? Chapters completed?

Please share your insight.
    Mornings are best for my old brain, and rough draft I shoot for 1000 on the days I write and they are crap.

I remember one bizarre day last summer that I plunked out 7000 bad words. Sometimes the scenes really do play out and come out the fingertips. More often I have no idea what happens next, although thinking in terms of 'plot points' seems to help this time around.

Book one I started with an arc'd out plot. Book two I am trying "discovery writing" and it's not working for me. I need to make me a plot arc. I've discovered I'm definitely a plotter.

I'm in camp nanowrimo and writing 1000 words reliably every other day. 2018 goal was to have a first draft done for book two. I'm on track.
    Last edited by Patty; 07-16-2018 at 06:25 AM.
    My twitter I follow writers back.
    My Facebook Just started learning this one.