• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

*DELETED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
I love Carl Jung.

I've seen a few errors crop up among beginning writers (like myself). These include:

Over-explaining (wordy) or redundant words, clauses, passages
Filter words from the point of view character
Drifting in and out of point of view.

There are others, like telling more than showing, and abusing certain words and word types, and relying too heavily on the sense of sight without drawing in other senses, but I thought I'd give you those things that I see in critique circles as food for thought. They are all discussed on blogs and are google-able.

I have no idea if any apply to you - but I feel like we're at a similar stage in our fiction journeys. These things have been blind spots for me and seem not uncommon.

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Wow! That was a quick reply.

Yes, Daniel, I've been waiting ... muahahaha.

Just kidding.

What's your time frame? I have two others going right now that I need to finish first, but am revamping my Act I as mentioned elsewhere to make Alphonse more competent once again, and could use fresh eyes. Do you read SciFi and Fantasy? I don't see you over in SYW that often.

Status
Not open for further replies.