An interesting book about storytelling, not writing, and making ideas memorable

badducky

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmmcdermott.blogspot.com
Howdy,

I've been thinking about this book called "Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die," by Chip and Dan Heath, a lot as a quasi-writing manual. It helps focus ideas about marketing the work, for one, and for creating worlds and situations that will also be memorable, without falling back so much on the same old writing manuals. Instead of thinking about plot points and characters as archetypes, or twists, or anything like that, I ask myself why anyone would remember this moment, this character, this world. It's a different way of thinking about plotting and narrative in a noisy world, full of distractions, and one that I find, at least at the moment, useful to my current work.

Here's the ISBN-13: 978-1400064281

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Howdy,

I've been thinking about this book called "Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die," by Chip and Dan Heath, a lot as a quasi-writing manual. It helps focus ideas about marketing the work, for one, and for creating worlds and situations that will also be memorable, without falling back so much on the same old writing manuals. Instead of thinking about plot points and characters as archetypes, or twists, or anything like that, I ask myself why anyone would remember this moment, this character, this world. It's a different way of thinking about plotting and narrative in a noisy world, full of distractions, and one that I find, at least at the moment, useful to my current work.

Here's the ISBN-13: 978-1400064281

I'll check it out. Thanks for sharing.