For Americans - July 4 Music & Fireworks on TV

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Out here in Colorado, fireworks are a no-no this year because of several fires that are not controlled yet.

For those of you not going out to watch fireworks, every year there are great displays and live music on TV. Usually, after the "Capitol Fourth" show ends, the Macy's fireworks begin. They shoot fireworks off with the Capitol Fourth show as well. You should be able to watch both, no problem.

Here are my local times (check your local listings for time changes)....

7-9PM MST Macy's Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular (NBC) - "Matt Iseman and Akbar Gbajabiamila host America's birthday party live in New York with the nation's largest fireworks display and some of the biggest names in music, including Kelly Clarkson, Ricky Martin, Blake Shelton and Keith Urban."

The above display occurs on three or four barges. The sky lights up unbelievably. It's Times Square/NYE in July. A great show.

7-8:30 PM MST A Capitol Fourth (Washington, D.C., PBS) - [2018 Performers].

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Where I live, not only do the city and the surrounding towns all have their own fireworks displays, but many are also broadcast on public access TV channels.

I'll be catching them at a Triple-A baseball game, a beer in hand.

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like fun. I'll be sitting at home hoping the neighbors setting off illegal fireworks don't get out of control.

Last edited: