Canada has taken advantage of American 'niceness'.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hah! Take a piece of fresh bread down to any public park - hold a piece towards a Cobra Chicken. You'll see a quick strike and maybe get a finger-nip as well.
Also, let's not forget the feather-and-down blend protective vests our boys (and girls) wear.:evil

The Danger Noodles fear no Cobra Chickens.

A little history twist, the British militia burned the Whitehouse in retaliation of burning York, Ontario.
https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/british-troops-set-fire-to-the-white-house

Phht, like facts ever got in the way of the Talking Circus Peanut's version of events.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I would come in here and rant about how much I hate that orange piece of human excrement if the posts weren't, for the most part, in jest. Fuck it. I hate that orange piece of human excrement! I hate that he's attacking Canada.

I am trying to buy all Canadian at the moment. Even researching alternatives when possible. I didn't know Primo made Ketchup, for example. Turns out the French's we all changed to is a UK company and the ketchup is manufactured in USA with Canadian tomatoes. SO---NO fucking way. Primo---good or bad---is my new ketchup. This trade shit is hostile. I can't take it. It was bad enough that he was stomping all over USA...now that his feet are in Canada, I can't breathe.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
I would come in here and rant about how much I hate that orange piece of human excrement if the posts weren't, for the most part, in jest. Fuck it. I hate that orange piece of human excrement! I hate that he's attacking Canada.

I am trying to buy all Canadian at the moment. Even researching alternatives when possible. I didn't know Primo made Ketchup, for example. Turns out the French's we all changed to is a UK company and the ketchup is manufactured in USA with Canadian tomatoes. SO---NO fucking way. Primo---good or bad---is my new ketchup. This trade shit is hostile. I can't take it. It was bad enough that he was stomping all over USA...now that his feet are in Canada, I can't breathe.
Want Canadian ketchup? French's isn't your only option ( link )

"President's Choice has a stellar track record with supporting Canadian farmers and most of the President's Choice products are actually made in Canada." said Sylvain Charlebois, professor of food distribution and policy at the University of Guelph.

"The President's Choice ketchup ... most of it, is actually made from Ontario-grown tomatoes and processed here."

-cb

Last edited:

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Want Canadian ketchup? French's isn't your only option ( link )

-cb

Yep...President's Choice too..but I already said French's is NOT an option. Canadian tomatoes...UK company...USA ketchup.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score

Technophobe

Registered
Reaction score
I'm just gonna say it: Sarah Sanders needs to shut the fuck up.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
We need a wall. The US will pay for it.

-cb

Hell, if I thought it would work, I'd chip in a few bucks myself.

From what I hear, the populism pox has already jumped the border, so it's a bit late for that, I fear... but I'd pay for a few feet of wall myself if it would keep the worst of it out, and if they'd help me escape the heckhole my country's becoming.

That's a given in any situation.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
She needs to realize her reputation will reek Trump's stench for decades to come. "I was just doing my job" won't wash it away.

-cb

Last edited:

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com

times eleventy-billion and one.

when every single thing that comes out of your mouth is a lie you're a liar and you have sold you soul to the devil and you do not deserve to be a part of humankind. Fuck off, lady. And your little orange dog, too.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and the US Coast Guard is stopping and searching Canadian fish boats on the East Coast, with claims that they are 'searching for illegal immigrants'. http://uk.businessinsider.com/border-patrol-questions-canadian-fishermen-about-immigrants-2018-7
I picked a UK source as being relatively neutral. There are many more stories if you Google. I'd almost suspect it was a U.S. Government ploy to bully us out of the 'disputed' waters (which both sides have fished amicably for decades) But, given your current furor over immigrants, it seems the likely reason. May the Coast Guard have better luck than their predecessors: this was the rum-runners' highway during Prohibition.

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
She needs to realize her reputation will reek Trump's stench for decades to come. "I was just doing my job" won't wash it away.

-cb

They don't see an "after" when everything goes back to normal. She expects this is how it's going to be forever and ever.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Be warned. A Canada wall is coming soon. And Canada will pay for it.

After that will come a California wall, same terms.

caw

We just paid billions to ensure an 'oil pipeline' goes through. That's the cover story for the wall construction.;)
You heard it here first.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
They don't see an "after" when everything goes back to normal. She expects this is how it's going to be forever and ever.
Everybody always does. From the Egyptians and Assyrians, on down through history, those in charge slap themselves on the back and assume that their system is eternal. Fortunately for the rest of us, they are never, ever, right.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Meet the 5 rookie members of Trudeau's new cabinet
PM turns to reliable foot soldiers as he grapples with new provincial leadership, U.S. trade tension
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cabinet-ministers-trudeau-government-priorities-shuffle-1.4751738

Here's the interesting paragraph.

Ng will help Jim Carr, the new minister of international trade diversification, promote Canada's businesses abroad — a role that takes on new significance amid trade tensions with the U.S.

"Promoting small businesses to export more, ensuring that we're diversifying our trade, is a huge responsibility for this government and one we take very seriously," Trudeau said.

It's now official. Canada no longer trusts the US as a trade partner.

ETA: As if the above is not enough for one day...

Donald Trump says he might negotiate trade deal with Mexico first, Canada ‘later’
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2018/07/18/donald-trump-says-he-might-negotiate-trade-deal-with-mexico-first-canada-later.html

The Mexican government has also said it wants to preserve a three-country NAFTA. While Lopez Obrador has not expressed a preference since his election, one of his advisers told Bloomberg in June, “We are not really looking for a bilateral agreement with the U.S. or Canada. The trilateral agreement is what we want.”

Ganging up. Best defense against a bully.

-cb

Last edited:

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
I say Canada and Mexico negotiate NAFTA with the U.S., but in alternate weeks. Just to see Trump injuring his neck, trying to remember which direction to pay attention to.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Last edited:

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
There are ads on TV for the pipeline through B.C.. It's a hugely divisive issue up here - at least between Alberta
(oil producer/shipper) and B.C. (home of an easily damaged coastal environment).
The current ads have a new theme: Let's send the oil west (Asia) so that we can widen our range of trading partners, specifically so that we won't be dependent on the U.S. And, they say that flat out.