Canada has taken advantage of American 'niceness'.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Now, now - you know full well Canada has a cutthroat reputation on the global stage, what with your hockey players and your insane moose and your... um... ninja maple leaves and... health care system...

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I... what? Americans have been 'nice' to Canadians by.. trading with them?

I heard a piece on NPR today about a movement in Canada to buy Canadian and boycott all American-made goods. The reporter was talking to a guy in Ottawa looking for non-American-grown onions. I would happily buy only Canadian goods if it were possible here, heh. Viva le maple syrup?

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Re: maple syrup - avoid that cheap Vermont/New Hampshire stuff. Buy pure Quebec maple syrup - the kind criminals are stealing. (Now there's a movie just begging to be made: 'The Great Syrup Caper'.)https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...-for-18-million-quebec-maple-syrup-heist.html
If it's worth going to prison for....

And, Cornflake, I don't know exactly where you are, but if you can't buy Canadian, buy Mexican fruit and veggies. Drive Trump crazy (ier)!

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
What the hell??

I went to our local No Frills today (it's affiliated with Presidents Choice) to get cooking oil and after I read the labels to make sure it wasn't a Chinese product, I happily chose one that said made in the US. I might have to take it back. :(

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Here's the NPR story.

Now, from British Columbia to Newfoundland, they are protesting the Trump administration with their pocketbooks. The U.S. and Canada trade roughly $2 billion worth of goods and services every day. Chamberlain, a lawyer and father of four, is part of a fast-growing social media movement to buy only Canadian goods. Hashtags include #BuyCanadian, #BoycottUSA and #TrumpFree.

A guide to buying Canadian!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Now, now - you know full well Canada has a cutthroat reputation on the global stage, what with your hockey players and your insane moose and your... um... ninja maple leaves and... health care system...

Don't forget they foisted their vicious Cobra Chickens on us. Canada can't fool us, one of these days they're going to have their Cobra Chicken Army rise up and subjugate the US.

Bacchus

Registered
Reaction score
Now there's a movie just begging to be made: 'The Great Syrup Caper'

That may have to be renamed for the UK market where "syrup" is slang for a hairpiece (syrup of figs = wigs) :)

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
What? All their negotiators, for decades, were bullied by greedy Canadians?
By the greedy other six too. Proof:

AP_18160750063030.jpg

-cb

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Don't forget they foisted their vicious Cobra Chickens on us. Canada can't fool us, one of these days they're going to have their Cobra Chicken Army rise up and subjugate the US.

Not scared. As per the other thread, we've been training our Navy SEAL Danger Noodles for a counterattack.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not scared. As per the other thread, we've been training our Navy SEAL Danger Noodles for a counterattack.

All Hail the Navy SEAL Danger Noodles!!!:e2cheer::e2cheer::e2cheer:

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
That may have to be renamed for the UK market where "syrup" is slang for a hairpiece (syrup of figs = wigs) :)

'The Great Tree Juice Caper'? Brought to you by the same ad for personal-information security (a guy pretending to be Canadian) that calls hockey 'skatey-punchy'.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Clearly we've not yet recovered from that polite rejection of 200 years ago.
The current administration is just bitter that we've always provided a refuge for people who don't want to be American, instead of making them stay and take their lumps.
People loyal to King George.
Runaway slaves.
Sitting Bull and his supporters.
Americans who wanted to fight in WWI and WWII, without waiting for their country to decide to take action.
Draft dodgers.
Recent immigrants to the US who don't trust the current administration.

We are an alternative, and the current administration is furious that people might have a choice.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
And how many SEALs would get snakebit for every snake that our 'Chicken Cobras' swallow? Considering that our birds travel in large flocks, and a Danger Noodle can only hold a couple of snakes, I don't see this working out well for the Navy.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
The current administration is just bitter that we've always provided a refuge for people who don't want to be American, instead of making them stay and take their lumps.

Probably too analytical. You have to remember that Bone Spurs takes everything personally. Trudeau embarrassed him at the G7, therefore Trudeau needs to be taught a lesson. Probably nothing deeper than that.

caw

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Probably too analytical. You have to remember that Bone Spurs takes everything personally. Trudeau embarrassed him at the G7, therefore Trudeau needs to be taught a lesson. Probably nothing deeper than that.

caw
Hey, they're the ones who brought up our burning of the White House.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's a great picture. Angela Merkel should use it as a campaign poster

"Donald, if you don't spit out that LEGO and eat your vegetables, you're going to stay right here at the kiddie table, without dessert."

"You're not my mom, you're not the boss of me. Can't make me."

And how many SEALs would get snakebit for every snake that our 'Chicken Cobras' swallow? Considering that our birds travel in large flocks, and a Danger Noodle can only hold a couple of snakes, I don't see this working ot well for the Navy.

No, no. The Danger Noodles are their own detachment of Navy SEALS. They've been recruited and Special Ops trained. Since their snakes, they already have the stealth, and quick strike, things down. Your Cobra Chicken don't stand a chance.

caw

This is so true. Trump sees nothing beyond himself.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Hah! Take a piece of fresh bread down to any public park - hold a piece towards a Cobra Chicken. You'll see a quick strike and maybe get a finger-nip as well.
Also, let's not forget the feather-and-down blend protective vests our boys (and girls) wear.:evil