My Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overkill

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
For the project I am currently working on, my goal is probably much less ambitious than most. I am not into word counts. My aim from Monday thru Friday is to get one chapter done per day, regardless of word count. It is easier for me to focus on a single story point. When I start, I go to my chapter outline (something I just started) and add a sentence or two about the chapter and then get to work. I usually have music in the background. Sometimes a baseball game. I aim to begin about 4:30 Pm. That seems to be the time of day when I am most focused and in tune with what I want to accomplish.

Saturday and Sunday are different. I use those two days to get in some work on edits from my first novel, which I self-published years ago. No specific goal there. I just sit down, open the document, and go. When I feel like stopping, I stop. I intend to release this again, but this time in hardcover format. Same deal with either music or baseball going on in the background.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
I usually have music in the background. Sometimes a baseball game.

. . .

Saturday and Sunday are different. I use those two days to get in some work on edits from my first novel, which I self-published years ago. No specific goal there. I just sit down, open the document, and go. When I feel like stopping, I stop. I intend to release this again, but this time in hardcover format. Same deal with either music or baseball going on in the background.

You do what works for you, and continue doing it as long as it works.

And GO PHILLIES!

caw

Status
Not open for further replies.