Fastest Rejection

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
I got you all beat. I once had a rejection with a negative amount of time involved. An agent approached me at a writer's conference and told me she would not be able to sell my project. That happened before I even thought about sending her a query.

caw

Robots

In the future where will I be ?
Registered
Reaction score
The first rejection I got was also my fastest so far. I sent a query in the middle of the night (around 3 am I think) and in the morning, shortly after 8 am, I already had a form rejection. I always think the agent must have walked into the office, seen my query and rejected it first thing in the morning :D

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
I got you all beat. I once had a rejection with a negative amount of time involved. An agent approached me at a writer's conference and told me she would not be able to sell my project. That happened before I even thought about sending her a query.

caw
Way to go, BB! Maybe she was telepathic.

GreenGrape

Registered
Reaction score
Damn my fastest was 8 hours (arrived at 7am) I put it down to it being a miserable Monday morning and shrugged it off.
You’d guys definitely have me beat though!

CL_Hilbert

Registered
Reaction score
Website
clhilbert.wordpress.com

caw

I need to hear more about this. Did she confuse you for someone else or was it just ego the size of a planet that had her assuming everyone wanted to query her?

1sa1ahsMum

Registered
Reaction score

caw

Wow!!!

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Please stop, 1sa1ahsMum! These threads are a year old. Generally if a thread hasn't been active for months and you don't have anything significant to add, the rule is to just read it and let it be.

If you're trying to get to 50 posts so you can post on SYW this is doubly not the way. Post well thought out critiques in the genres you plan to write in. That will earn you the respect and good will of the writers here and teach you a little of what to expect when you post your own work.

FJCavallo

Registered
Reaction score
A little more than a year on from when I started this thread -- an even faster rejection -- Uwe Stender at Triada sent me a rejection on a query yesterday in 6 minutes flat.